• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zatch Bell Manga Ends After 7 Years, 323 Installments

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Now if only InuYasha can end....
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Along Detective Conan and MAJOR.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow - awesome! I hope that the rest of the volumes make it here in the US - I love this series!
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Along Detective Conan and MAJOR.

Detective Conan is ending its run in Japan.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I've never even read the series, but I've heard of it and knew it was long-running. For some reason it gives me hope that a long-running title can end on a (hopefully) proper note. I've been getting kind of glum lately about how some series are being cancelled or seem like they will never end.

Yes, I know that's the danger of being an anime and manga fan, but still, with Geneon stopping the publication of its titles midstream and leaving me hanging, much like ADV with their manga titles a few years back and other manga artists such as Kazuya Minekura and Yoshihiro Togashi suffering from chronic illnesses, it seems like a lot of my favorite series have taken a punch in the gut. I hope that Zatch Bell ends on a good note for the fans who have followed it over the years.
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Minor error of note. There are currently only 31 volumes out. There will be 33 or so when they actually publish the end.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
Minor error of note. There are currently only 31 volumes out. There will be 33 or so when they actually publish the end.

Yeah, the final volume count is still not yet announced, so we went with the current count until the last volumes are officially listed.
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Detective Conan is ending its run in Japan.

If you're referring to this article, I think you need to re-read it. Otherwise, I haven't heard any other sign that Detective Conan's coming to an end anytime soon.

In a related note, I actually don't mind Conan's long length. The cases & mysteries always intrigue me more than the underlying plot, so it can go on forever for all I care. InuYasha's another story, on the otherhand....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Wow - awesome! I hope that the rest of the volumes make it here in the US - I love this series!

Now if only they would bring the show back to Toonami. Despite the edits I really enjoyed it as a fun shounen series.

I really don't see what the big deal with people is if a manga or anime series is extremely long. As long as the content continues to remain fresh I see no problem with it continuing to be entertaining. Besides, in the bigger picture there's really only a hand full of series that continued for hundreds of chapters or episodes.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pichu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
Fullmetal alchemist and Naruto are too long manga that need to end~
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
kokuryu wrote:

Now if only they would bring the show back to Toonami. Despite the edits I really enjoyed it as a fun shounen series.

I completely agree, YTV here in Canada, aired it upto the late 70's, however, it, ar MAR both vanished from the schedule and have yet to re-appear. Making me to believe they've been canceled for good. But unlike you guys in the USA, we actually got to finish the arch we were on before the hiatus/possibly cancelation.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote
Pichu wrote:
Fullmetal alchemist and Naruto are too long manga that need to end~

Why, did they kill your dog? Saying something should end just because it's long is nothing more than blatant nonsense. Obviously people are still reading and someone is still making money otherwise they wouldn't have lasted as long as they have. What I especially find strange is the people who think this probably wouldn't say the same thing about Superman or Spider-man comic books.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1