• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:55 pm Reply with quote
But nintendo in denmark is bergsala??? And i have contached nintendo.dk
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Gareth Greatorex wrote:
[...]

Sod all to go on! But I have watched probably well over 200+ series/films now trying to find this and still no luck.

If you have more patience than I do, then try this search engine.....
OsamuTezuka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 am Reply with quote
I am the admin of a wiki covering mecha anime:
http://mechaanime.wikia.com/wiki/Geronimo:_The_Mecha_Anime_Wiki

In the wiki I have a megalist that lists all mecha anime released from the birth of anime, (ie. Astro Boy), to the present, organized by year of release. Even the megalist is a work in progress, and there have been multiple hands in the smelting pot. (Mind you, this is the nature of wikis, and in the end I appreciate the contributions.)

This brings me to the point of this post: Someone added an anime to the list called Countdown Robo that supposedly released in 1976. I have not been able to find any information about this anime online. One possibility is that it's a korean knock-off anime, (as was the norm in Korean animation back in those days), since other korean works were added to the megalist--most of which I'm familiar with and keep in the list reluctantly.

Before I prune the title from the list, I'd like to be completely certain it's not a thing. Has anyone heard of an anime called Countdown Robo from 1976?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
gridsleep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 am Reply with quote
Which series features a girl who keeps saying "GIGANTOUS!" with puffed out cheeks? I keep thinking it's Kill la Kill or K-ON! but I can't recall, and I have yet to go back and watch every single episode of either series. And it might be some other series, so I dread wasting all that time. I have searched for "gigantous" all over the place but there is no reference to a character quote anywhere. Thanks very much to anyone who has any suggestion.
Wd878

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching a short clip from this anime but can't remember the name.

In the clip: there was a girl in front of a guys door and I think she gets in and they talk and she starts crying, i think she was saying something about loosing her memorey
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Wd878 wrote:

In the clip: there was a girl in front of a guys door and I think she gets in and they talk and she starts crying, i think she was saying something about loosing her memorey

Girls with amnesia in anime are much more common than you'd initially think, but here are the ones that immediately popped into my head based on your description:

Arrow One Week Friends (high school girl loses her memories at the beginning of each new week)

Arrow either of the two adaptations of Ef (one of the girls has retrograde amnesia)

Arrow either of the two adaptations of Kanon (at least three characters have amnesia of various sorts)

If any of these fit the bill, let us know!

gridsleep wrote:
Which series features a girl who keeps saying "GIGANTOUS!" with puffed out cheeks? I keep thinking it's Kill la Kill or K-ON! but I can't recall, and I have yet to go back and watch every single episode of either series. And it might be some other series, so I dread wasting all that time. I have searched for "gigantous" all over the place but there is no reference to a character quote anywhere. Thanks very much to anyone who has any suggestion.

Can you remember her hair color? "Randomly saying English" and "puffed out cheeks" are behaviors I usually associate with half-Japanese blondes in moe anime, so if she has some other hair color, that would really narrow things down for me.
Wd878

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:34 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Wd878 wrote:

Girls with amnesia in anime are much more common than you'd initially think, but here are the ones that immediately popped into my head based on your description:

Arrow One Week Friends (high school girl loses her memories at the beginning of each new week)

Arrow either of the two adaptations of Ef (one of the girls has retrograde amnesia)

Arrow either of the two adaptations of Kanon (at least three characters have amnesia of various sorts)

If any of these fit the bill, let us know!

gridsleep wrote:

Can you remember her hair color? "Randomly saying English" and "puffed out cheeks" are behaviors I usually associate with half-Japanese blondes in moe anime, so if she has some other hair color, that would really narrow things down for me.

I just found it
It is ( Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai )
Thank you
Grisly_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
[img]https://imgur.com/a/qrOP69f[/img]

Does anyone know what anime this is? I've tried reverse image search but have gotten nothing. It might be a knockoff as this picture is taken from a shirt[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Hey all.

I'm looking for a specific anime, can't remember for the life of me what it was called. The only thing I remember is that in the first episode the male protagonist walks in on his female roommate undressing. I vaguely think she was a princess of something and I think it was somewhat battle-oriented, maybe something like a pairing of the two to be able to fight.

It was pretty high on the fanservice scale as well.

Thanks in advance!
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, that description fits like 50 shows, but somewhere around Infinite Stratos seems like the most obvious. Do you have a time frame of when you saw this (last decade, last millennium, etc.)? (other shows in the area are Chivalry of a Failed Knight or Asterisk War.)
pibburns

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 am Reply with quote
#891904 wrote:

I'm looking for a specific anime, can't remember for the life of me what it was called. The only thing I remember is that in the first episode the male protagonist walks in on his female roommate undressing. I vaguely think she was a princess of something and I think it was somewhat battle-oriented, maybe something like a pairing of the two to be able to fight.

As Yttrbio suggested in his response, Chivalry of a Failed Knight is a likely candidate.

Sentai released the series on blu-ray in the U.S. It's available for streaming on hidive. Unfortunately it's not one of the series with a free preview.

Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't his roommate, but that scene is definitely in Asterisk War. Specifically, check starting at 2:22 in the first episode.
nomed44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am Reply with quote
~~~~ Delete this post - i forgot to put the link in, and made a double post after

Last edited by nomed44 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
nomed44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am Reply with quote
Looking for the anime this Death / Grim Reaper is. He is casting a "Fire ball" in this coub clipped short video.

here is screen cap - https://i.imgur.com/UEGm34s.png

https://coub.com/view/1ihp0g
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 am Reply with quote
nomed44 wrote:
Looking for the anime this Death / Grim Reaper is. He is casting a "Fire ball" in this coub clipped short video.

here is screen cap - https://i.imgur.com/UEGm34s.png

https://coub.com/view/1ihp0g

This character is in the first episode of "The Devil is a Part-Timer!" otherwise known as "Hataraku Maou-sama!". What is in the gif is all you will get since that is all that is shown of the character in the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 550 of 569