• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Bloom Into You

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, I’m not getting my aquarium date, am I?

Another really solid episode. With the seeds sown here, I’m pretty confident we can get a reasonable semblance of a finale out of the final episode. Yuu’s bickering with Sayaka at the convenience store was great acting - the ice cream line was one hell of a put-down.

Yuu’s reasoning at why she wants to help Touko is spelled out here too - Touko IS fine like she is and that’s clearly who Yuu is in love with (the romance makes a welcome return in spades). Yuu’s also headstrong enough to go for what she thinks Touko needs versus what she wants, even if that puts them at odds. I’ll be interested to see how bombastic the finale gets.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
pharmboy23 wrote:

Would be a nice way to kick off a second cour at some point in the future.

By the same measure, I'm apparenly not getting spoiler[Koyomi meeting her author idol/crush, only to be surprised that it's a woman], at least not this season.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:49 pm Reply with quote
All this time I've thought the title Bloom into you was a prediction of the path that Yuu's feelings would take with respect to Touko. Now I think it's directed at Touko as a command: she should bloom into herself instead of trying to be someone else.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I am really loving this so far and look forward to watching the rest
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
of the most beautiful episodes that this anime could have given, showing the great chemistry and closeness of the characters without ruining it with clumsy scenes like accidents, or putting some of them as extremely shy or giving them a "punishment" for being too daring what it's supposed to be "funny", in the yuri everything feels more sophisticated and solid.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quote
The moment in which Touko and Yuu (unknowingly) were being intimate was my favorite, but not just because of the feelings I was getting from watching this moment, but when Touko finally reveal her true attentions to Yuu for why she is into her. This follow by Yuu calling her a jerk. In fact Yuu seem more expressive in this episode then before. Well particularly she seems to get more annoyed in this one with the scene I mention as well as with Sayaka when she went shopping with her. I seem to get amuse whenever Yuu gets annoyed. Anime smile

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Touko getting herself rock by the change Yuu is making. It’s the kind of push she needs in order to discard the lie she believes in herself. Also thanks to Yuu its reveal exactly what Koyumi has been pondering about with the story she has written for a while. It would seem that that the issue was with the theme of the story. I can understand Koyumi being a bit bother by how she did not figure this out sooner as I get like that as well when I come to a revelation of something that should had been obvious but has taken this long to realize.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
pharmboy23 wrote:

Surprise!

spoiler[ How many episodes does this series have? There's not enough of the manga for a second cour, but....]
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
#Fim

Marvelous direction in this series.
Very interesting that it ended without the play ever happening.
It wasn't necessary, the important already happened.
Now they're going to "change tracks".

https://i.imgur.com/tyihYJZ.jpg

Very consistent train symbolism.

Also when Touko is thinking about the after the play and the thought of "dying" crosses her mind.
She is at the train station looking the tracks.

https://i.imgur.com/62UI17F.jpg

If only we could always have romances like this where both the author and the direction knows exactly what they want to explore and talk.

[Edit]: I changed your images to links. Try to keep images under 1000 pixels in width. Errinundra.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:26 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
pharmboy23 wrote:

Surprise!

spoiler[ How many episodes does this series have? There's not enough of the manga for a second cour, but....]

They might do an OVA or bonus episode on the DVD
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was one of the best romance anime ever made, in my opinion. And between women! Who thought that anime could pull that off?
I really liked the exploration of love. It's hard for healthy love to blossom when deep identity and confidence issues are playing big roles.
I liked that the series isn't black and white about sexual/romantic orientation. Sensei clearly had an eye on a guy before, loved the look of jealousy the shop owner had.
The aquarium date was adorable.

I'm gonna be the one to say this cliché line:
Season 2... please Embarassed ?
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 pm Reply with quote
pharmboy23 wrote:

Surprise! https://imgur.com/a/z6FITTF
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Haha, well, more fool me. I knew that aquarium visit would look great on screen but I wasn’t expecting it to end the whole season. It’s begging for an OVA or film follow-up with the actual stage show and the changes Koyomi makes to it. It was a great final episode to a great series.

Lovely symbolism at the end with Yuu going for it, reaching out for Touko where Sayaka held back.

Manga spoiler-y talk follows...

It’s the difference between the two and the manga really drove that home - there, Sayaka basically sees what Yuu is doing for Touko with the changes to the play and realizes how strong Yuu is to even try it and essentially backs down, at least as far as I’ve read. Yuu is hellbent on getting Touko to love herself and not her sister-self and the play’s clearly barreling toward that point.

I want more. I wish we got the full, definitive conclusion that has yet to be written, but hopefully they revisit it when the manga ends. This is one of the best romances I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying.
Wasureta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I was cracking up when the dolphin show started. I was there on a weekend and like they mentioned, all of the seats were taken except for the first few rows. I sat there and after the first splash on the other side of the pool, I ran away. Good memories!
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
People see the characters explaining everything about themselves (in unrealistic ways) and think that Rascal is brilliant. Then they watch Bloom and say that "nothing happened" and "a non ending", they are unable to even notice the subtext.
Drives me crazy.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
WTF? What a strange place to end the series lol I thought that they would show the play at least lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8