• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star ☆ Twinkle Precure Anime Unveils Cast, Staff, Visuals, Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Togame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Precure IN SPACE, here we go! Cool

Oh wow, not only Yuki Hayashi is coming back (though they're probably going to reuse some of his tracks), they actually got the FRANXX music composer Asami Tachibana.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this is good. Hugtto has been an excellent season so they’ve got big shoes to fill.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I like the character designs so far, especially Cure Milky. It feels fresh to have the 2nd Precure being a green one. I also like the cast, in particular Komatsu Mikako.

The one thing that picks my attention are the character themes. We had a Sun/Moon pair in Heartcatch, and we are just coming from a season with a Cure Etoile into one with a Cure Star. Of course, this time their themes are referring to the actual astral bodies, so hopefully we will see those being explored in a different way.
Dalek-baka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Cool... scriptwriter of Maho.
I liked that season but it was such a waste of great idea.

Space, learning and accepting other cultures are also good things to explore so I hope that director and producers will motivate him to bring something nice this time.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Akira Takahashi (Suite Precure, Dokidoki! Precure) is designing the characters.

Nice to see he won't be around for the Sailor Moon Crystal films. Now if Toei actually got around to working on them.....
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect this season to be on as grand of a scale as Huggto which had the legendary director Junichi Sato directing it. Outside of One Piece Film Gold, it doesn't look like this director hasn't done anything too major yet. But as long as it's fun and entertaining, it doesn't need to be a five star masterpiece. The character designs look very cute and unique and I like the outer space theme. I think I like Cure Soleil's design the most.
elior1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I wouldn't expect this season to be on as grand of a scale as Huggto which had the legendary director Junichi Sato directing it. Outside of One Piece Film Gold, it doesn't look like this director hasn't done anything too major yet. But as long as it's fun and entertaining, it doesn't need to be a five star masterpiece. The character designs look very cute and unique and I like the outer space theme. I think I like Cure Soleil's design the most.
also the idea they will be go into space and travelling to planets is good
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:21 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

I feel like you are overselling Junichi Sato quite a bit. He was just one of many directors who headed the show. Remember, Precure is not a creator-owned property, it's ultimately Toei who creates and directs how each series go. Saying a series is only as good as one person on the crew isn't accurate or fair. But if we were choosing one person, I would say Fumi Yazaki was the most important voice for the series. She was the head series writer and also storyboarded most of the episodes, especially all the important ones.

-Stuart Smith
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
Ah, finally, the first ganguro Precure. Progress. Laughing

Love the art style, and the space theme sounds cool. Hopefully this can rejuvenate the series with the little girls since they didn't like the last couple of installments much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1