• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SSSS.Gridman (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:00 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Probably the most cynical path would be to take how it ended as an everything was a dream sort of thing, .

In the original Gridman there existed three worlds,
-The hyper world where Gridman and Khan Digifier(the villain) were from, which was barely described, but seemed to be a realm of pure energy.
-The normal human world.
-The computer world that existed in electronics.
The buildings seen in SSSS Gridman when the world starts to break down are the same as those seen in the computer world in the original Gridman, indicating that the world is something akin to a Matrix like construct in the computer world.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:17 am Reply with quote
The YouTube channel, Nearly On Red, proposed a different theory to what was happening at the end, considering that the girl at the end who we presumed was Akane, looked quite a bit like Rika. The theory put forward is the appearance Akane has, was yet another wish fulfilment prophecy, with Rikka as closer to she originally looks, and this is pointed as among things she threw away. It is kind of important that Yuta likes Rikka, because he prefers her over the ideal she thought for herself. The end was relevant in Akane not hating on herself.

I like along the lines of contextualizing Rikka as a part of Akane. There were extra things in the room she awoke in such I think a keyboard and such, while apparently Rikka was the one shown an interest in music.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2