• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Panino Manino wrote:
The Kaede's arc was disappointing also, suddenly it's another problem and it's hard to understand how she had those traumas (fear of phones and going out) if she didn't remembered anything. Wasn't splitting her mind to protect herself from those traumas?

It's pretty easy to understand. Her experiences so deeply damaged her psyche that this new Kaede still inherited those feelings, even if she can't quite remember why.

Quote:
Then it ended in this "bad" episode, why once again japanese animator failing to portraying emotion ("buaaaaaaa")

This is objectively untrue. That entire sequence, if anything, was a highlight of the whole series. People who appreciate quality animation can tell that much.

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1078092909327597569
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:45 am Reply with quote
Yeah this ended up being... my least favorite anime of the year. With half of the episodes bring average or less, and most good ones I still had reservations. This last episode felt rushed and incomplete - Mai just suddenly took over the plot and Kaede got sidetracked. And her scene felt sort of unearned? She's the one who ends up apologizing to Sakuta even.

I'll probably still watch the movie but it's not anything I'm actually looking forward to.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:

This is objectively untrue. That entire sequence, if anything, was a highlight of the whole series. People who appreciate quality animation can tell that much.

I can't personally agree with this.
That scene with Sakuta crying running outside the hospital... not impressive to me.
This anime had various instances of that exactly same burst of emotion that you see in plenty of other anime, with the characters shouting something while they swing their heads to the sides. Have you ever noticed this? That many animators when they need to animate situations like this they just copy/repeat this exactly same animation?

Still, I'm not convinced by everything that happened with Kaede.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:12 am Reply with quote
It was sad how Kaede can't remember all those great times she had recently.

Shoko shows up again when needed, kinda interesting how the theory is she might not even exist.

Glad everything worked out between Mai & Sakuta, like how they teased the kiss at the end but did that funny moment instead.

Decent anime, if there is a second season I would watch.

7/10
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7