• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NGT48 Idol Group Manager Resigns, Management Forms Committee to Investigate Members' Actions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:25 am Reply with quote
It's refreshing to see management taking this a little more seriously now it's public but this really makes you think how much bullshit idols have to deal with on a regular basis's while managers just tell them to keep quiet.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:43 am Reply with quote
Badcrazy wrote:
It's refreshing to see management taking this a little more seriously now it's public but this really makes you think how much bullshit idols have to deal with on a regular basis's while managers just tell them to keep quiet.

While its no doubt how much idols in these groups go through, i wouldn't take solace in the manager resigning meaning anything. This is literally the over all management trying to save face for what happened. My money is on them trying to have this be what allows them to sweep it under the rug. The other idols who were implicated in pushing the "fans" to do this by giving away info will get off free too.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 am Reply with quote
What were those two members that gave out the address hoping to happen? Yamaguchi being raped or hurt?
eekin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
omegaproxy wrote:
What were those two members that gave out the address hoping to happen? Yamaguchi being raped or hurt?

That's what I don't get about the whole situation. Sure, they can be not guilty of assault since it wasn't proven. But, there isn't laws against stalking or the "doxxing" that lead to it? These peoples' jobs are to entertain, after they've put in their "9-5" entertaining they go home to relax and poop just like everyone else. Your "fans" waiting for you outside of a "work environment" should be considered stalking especially at your private residence. I'm glad she spoke up relatively quickly about the situation. Its good to normalize the behavior of calling out the unhealthy branch of the fandom.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am Reply with quote
So there were two members who gave out Maho's address not one like in my theory. That makes jealously (and a fame grab by any means necessary by these two members) the exact root of this case and the two fans were made to take the fall as a coverup for these evil, jealous idols. If they do get caught, it's over for them even if they don't end up in jail or fined.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 am Reply with quote
#844432 wrote:
That's what I don't get about the whole situation. Sure, they can be not guilty of assault since it wasn't proven. But, there isn't laws against stalking or the "doxxing" that lead to it?

I don't get how "doxxing" is a thing given people's home addresses are public information you can find in any information directory like the white pages. The only thing you need to look up that information is a name. Celebrities are even easier to find as their home is generally common knowledge.
Spooky Blades

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 am Reply with quote
I hope with this, the bullshit system that the idol world in japan have changes, its mind blowing how stupid it can be, management, rules and worst how they let their retarded fans(not all of them, just the crazy ones) do whatever the fudge they want with their idols.
eekin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
#844432 wrote:
That's what I don't get about the whole situation. Sure, they can be not guilty of assault since it wasn't proven. But, there isn't laws against stalking or the "doxxing" that lead to it?

I don't get how "doxxing" is a thing given people's home addresses are public information you can find in any information directory like the white pages. The only thing you need to look up that information is a name.

True, which is why I put it in quotations. There should be something to be said about enabling people who, otherwise wouldn't act, with such information. Especially if the intent on enabling the unhealthy fanbase. This information is public for everyone yet, we don't all go off and do anything with it. However, there is does seem to be a line drawn when you bring this info to a large social sharing platform.

It's happens across all fields. A public figure does something, but no one does anything. That same figure gets "doxxed" now they're receiving death threats and stalkers. Where were these people before the doxxing and why do they feel "empowered" now?

The ones stalking or sending death threats are in the wrong. But, that's usually the intent of the "doxxer"(to shame, ruin, or worse to the victim). If such intent is proven, they should share part of the blame. But, they could always just say "I didn't know this could happen" and get away with it I suppose.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1