• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gear Up For the Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Live-Action Film Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I like the idea of having a Noctowl for a coffee place, but if you’re gonna call it Hi-Hat, why not make your mascot a Pokémon with an actual hat, like Honchkrow or Slowking?

That Pikachu plush..I really hope it’s redone before release. I’ve seen bootleg Pikachu that look better than that.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm waiting for the inevitable YouTube fan-edit that cuts out all the obnoxious Ryan Reynolds scenes, and just shows the CGI Real-Life Poke-world scenes fans wanted to see.

(In fact, I'm guessing this actually was a Pokemon Movie that Warner tossed around in '99, just before or after they had a big hit with the First Movie, and that stayed in production-hell limbo for twenty years because they couldn't come up with a plausible onscreen Ash and Team Rocket before Japanese rights fell through.
The fact that there was a Detective Pikachu game that Nintendo wanted to promote gave them an excuse to dust off the old twenty-year memo, but a lot of compromises seem to had been made since then to "What if the non-fans don't like it?"
(sigh)....Warner. Rolling Eyes )
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I need that hat, and the new Mega Construx Pikachu. To go with my collection of other Mega Construx Pikachu. I think I'm up to 4 different small ones, and the jumbo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1