• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball 'Project Z' RPG Teases 'Nostalgic and New' World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Legacy of Goku trilogy remake please
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Sir Daniel Fortesque wrote:

That probably wouldn't be nostalgic for the Japanese, iirc the games weren't even released in Japan.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I see Dragon Ball RPG, I can't help but think back to when I played ROMs as a kid, and Dragon Ball Z Super Saiyan Densetsu. That's always been the best DBZ RPG I've ever played, even though it was back when the game wasn't 100% translated, so at some point in the fight against Freiza, the text would turn to gibberish. Laughing

I've never looked, in more recent times, to see if a ROM has been completely translated either...

Either way, I for one, would love for them to make a RPG that follows the story from the Radditz arc onwards, just don't know if this will be the one to do it. Of course, I'm also not expecting it to have a card based battle system, like Densetsu did. Laughing
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 am Reply with quote
Asaaaasd wrote:
Sir Daniel Fortesque wrote:

That probably wouldn't be nostalgic for the Japanese, iirc the games weren't even released in Japan.

Yeah, Bamco had nothing to do with them plus out of the three, only the second game was released in Japan.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 am Reply with quote
I'm pleased by the legacy of Goku mentions here. Don't know how a remake would actually work in a good way though. It was supposed to be based on an early Final Fantasy game so a remake would...what? Make it 3D? Don't think that would work well.
I guess I just don't want a turn based RPG. A DMC style game would be preferable but maybe a Kingdom hearts style would work well too. But who am I kidding, those are pipe dream ideas. We'll likely get something slightly better than DB Sagas
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1