• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fujoshi Cast Teihen Dōshi no Maunto Kassen Essay Manga Cancelled After Online Backlash

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
In conclusion: Fujoshi can be just as sensitive as a wota finding out their idol has a boyfriend or banging their manager. There's probably some accusations of homophobia and misandry in there (I don't blame the author either for addressing either one, it's pretty bad in the worst parts of the fandom) that triggered them to no end.
musouka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
In conclusion: Fujoshi can be just as sensitive as a wota finding out their idol has a boyfriend or banging their manager. There's probably some accusations of homophobia and misandry in there (I don't blame the author either for addressing either one, it's pretty bad in the worst parts of the fandom) that triggered them to no end.

Are you saying you read the manga in question?

I ask because I didn't get a chance to before it was taken down, but the reactions I'm seeing are not along the lines of "fujoshi getting mad at people criticizing BL."
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

Did you even read the article? The manga doesn't criticize BL or call BL homophobic or misandrist (?) (LOL). Its about the social rules and hierarchies in fujoshi friendgroups.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:13 pm Reply with quote
No one likes being mocked and the manga website can decide what manga it wants to publish. It is noticeable though that when Fujoshi get upset over negative portrayals in manga they tend to get a bit more sympathy. Generally most of the anime I have seen are okay with Fujoshi with a few examples being Gate, Genshiken, and Utawarerumono: The False Faces.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:20 pm Reply with quote
It's happened on both sides: http://4NN.cx/.94631
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 am Reply with quote
Good. Lmao that’s all I can say
stefand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Generally most of the anime I have seen are okay with Fujoshi with a few examples being Gate, Genshiken, and Utawarerumono: The False Faces.

Genshiken is not okay with Fujoshi? I had the opposite impression.
Generally it portraits Otaku sometimes in a over the top way, but not in a negative sense.
The show is filled with Otaku of all kind, with the second season being more about Fujoshi. But the only really unpleasant character is Kuchiki, a male Otaku.
So to say, Genshiken is against Fujoshi would be the same as to say is against Otaku, which would be the opposite of the show’s message.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1