• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toei Denies Report of New Dragon Ball Super Episodes 'at This Moment'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I will admit that my first thought after seeing the movie was, "That was good, but when does Super come back?"
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I have no doubt they will continue, Dragon Ball Super has been a giant money maker for Toei (the franchise in general has been but still)
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:18 pm Reply with quote
It is amusing that Toei went out of the way to deny that they have announced more episodes of DBS but still felt the need to say that they have not made an announcement at this moment. That wording is so specific that it only makes it sound like they are going to announce something soon.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they don't start the dub over a year after it begins again.

Last edited by Scion Drake on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Hopefully they don't start the dub half a year after it begins again.

"Half a year" Oh please the dub started 1,5 years after Super started airing. The dub for the Super will finish DBS Season 1 around the end of this year and if presumably Toei starts DBS Season 2 in July (or hell maybe even in April who really knows at this point) then even if dub of season 2 will start right after they conclude season 1 there will still be a big gap between sub and dub xP
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Sure Toei, sure, it's not happening, right
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I don’t care about the dub but we better get the series officially right away on places like Crunchyroll and Funimation. You had to watch the series via fansub at first which is ridiculous in this day and age, especially with a series as big Internationally as Dragon Ball. Hopefully Toei will know what they are doing this time.
Lucky_Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:25 pm Reply with quote
It's just a matter of the time, just got back from seeing Broly and it was breathtaking, no way they won't continue with the series and will be looking forward to see the new manga arc be animated, pretty interesting so far.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I don’t care about the dub but we better get the series officially right away on places like Crunchyroll and Funimation. You had to watch the series via fansub at first which is ridiculous in this day and age, especially with a series as big Internationally as Dragon Ball. Hopefully Toei will know what they are doing this time.

Toei wanted an American TV deal for it and it took awhile for negotiations. They already have one now so it'll probably be officially released on time this time.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Read the manga. They just started a new arc!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I assume they're waiting until Gegege no Kitaro finishes it's run before they start new episodes of Super.
KittyEponine
ANN Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:52 am Reply with quote
I think it's like their way of saying "Oh no we don't have new episodes yet.....but soon we will Wink Enjoy DBS: Broly for now"
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Before they announce Super, they should prepare for making Super. The last time that happened, they had nothing and resorted to re-making the movie content, but they were running out of time, which resulted in episode 5. The manga is still going on, so there's material they can look up.
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Film has become the third highest grossing anime film of all time (behind two pokemon films), and that's before the takings from the European release this week.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:57 am Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:
Film has become the third highest grossing anime film of all time (behind two pokemon films), and that's before the takings from the European release this week.

That’s third highest grossing anime film of all time in the US, European takings won’t influence that statistic. (Though checking Wikipedia, it’s at number 12 for highest grossing anime film of all time in the world, which is still pretty damn good. It’s absolutely a shoe in to enter the top ten.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1