• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Goblin Slayer Novels 5-6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering where the reviews for volumes 3 and 4 went and I had assumed no one was making reviews for the series anymore, but I really appreciate that you jumped back on ship for this. I purchased the first few books before the anime released and before I read the manga because I read the first two reviews here. I think I'll buy volumes 4, 5, and 6 since it looks like the quality hasn't fallen and my views tend to align with yours thus far.

Thanks for the review!
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:41 am Reply with quote
Whats even more interesting with Wizard boy is that his sister was spoiler[Wizard from Priestess' first party] and the fact that he resembles a teenage but edgy Negi Springfield.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the late response, Juno016! I got swamped with beginning-of-semester stuff. But yes, I do plan to keep going with these reviews now that I'm back into it! I had initially planned to do volumes 3 and 4 together, but then I couldn't quite make the review come together. I have to admit that volume 4 (the festival one) was my least favorite; I feel like it tried to do the sort of character development that these two books did much better. It's also a bit more LN-tropey, and part of what I like about this series is that it largely does its own thing without too much of that. Plus Lizard Priest. I love that guy. Very Happy

GhostD, okay, that's what I thought, but it was one line (more or less), so I wasn't sure enough to bring it up. Glad to hear that's what you thought, too!
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I can definitely agree that Volume 5 and 6 are better than 3 and 4. 3 (the festival one, 4 is the short story one) was okay, but probably too SOL for its own good. 4 is a solid short story collection at least, but 5 is amazing while 6 was very good. I would say volume 5 is my favorite while I would rate 1, 2, and 6 about the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1