• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: P.A. Works Unveils Fairy gone Original TV Anime for April Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:50 am Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked Shocked Wow, this looks amazing! Absolutely love those designs. Definitely a top priority for me for Spring. Can't wait for an animated PV
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:46 am Reply with quote
My first impression was that someone decided to make a collaboration between Grimgar and Shirobako, lol. However, this is one of my favorite studios and authors, so the expectations are only positive.
TexZero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:57 am Reply with quote
I'm interested.

Also picking up some Witch Hunter Robin vibes just reading about it.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 am Reply with quote
Looks great and it's P.A. Works so I can be 99.99% sure it's gonna be interesting and shouldn't disappoint. Also nice to see they're dropping the usual high school setting for something more mature.
dcmc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:04 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
Looks great and it's P.A. Works so I can be 99.99% sure it's gonna be interesting and shouldn't disappoint. Also nice to see they're dropping the usual high school setting for something more mature.

They already done that very recently with "Sirius The Jaeger",whats your opinions on that?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:27 am Reply with quote
dcmc wrote:
Chaos Wings wrote:

They already done that very recently with "Sirius The Jaeger",whats your opinions on that?

Boring
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:48 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:

I know people mentioned Sirius already, but what about Shirobako and Sakura Quest? Both series entirely centered around adults in the work place. Also I haven't seen the Ecentric Family so I'm not sure what that's about but I remember people liking it.

They also did the movie Maquia: when the promised flower blooms, that came out last year. It centers around spoiler[a mother raising her child, in a fantasy setting]. Not sure if that's a spoiler but I rather not risk it. The movie doesn't have anything to do with high school.

I think Shirobaka is one of their top 3 highest rated and has popularity that matches. It's even getting a new movie soon.
TheKillerAngel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 am Reply with quote
This looks like it might end up on Netflix.
Super_M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 am Reply with quote
Look interesting and boring at the same time. I'm little curious but I will wait how people review this series before I give it chance.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:24 am Reply with quote
Those fairy designs are really cool-looking. Curious how they'll look animated.

TheKillerAngel wrote:
This looks like it might end up on Netflix.

I was about to say, everything about this is just screams "Netflix Original" especially nowadays how most of P.A. Works' more "action-oriented" works ended up there.
Grimvice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am Reply with quote
This looks really dope!

I just hope that it doesn't become another style-over-substance show like Sirius, because that had everything except an interesting story.
Spooky Blades

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:02 am Reply with quote
This looks awesome as hell! cant wait!
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 am Reply with quote
This looks like it could be awesome! The fact that PA Works is the studio kind of worries me though since my track record with them isn't good. The only anime they did that I really enjoyed was The Eccentric Family.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am Reply with quote
dcmc wrote:

Ah I don't have a Netflix sub, just don't want to cave as I hate the way they do things. So I haven't seen STJ, am I right in assuming others see it as a bit of a dud?
CaRoss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 am Reply with quote
I'm genuinely excited about this one. Between the modern looking take on Witch Hunter Robin in the setting, to the fact that the author of the original Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash novels being involved in the scripts, I'm hyped.

Everything about this one, from what they've revealed so far, scratches my itch for this certain form of content and that's exciting. Hopefully it's not Netflix bound so I can watch it sooner rather than later this year!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2