• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dagashi Kashi Season Two BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:34 pm Reply with quote
After the first season, I found myself wondering, "What would the show be like without Hotaru?" I didn't expect that season two would answer that question.

Now, the questions I have are along the lines of wondering how the half-length episodes affected it. I get the impression that at least some of the decreased focus on the dagashi itself came from having to make a call on how to use what time they had? I also wonder if Hotaru would have been gone for as many episodes if they were full-length? I'll be honest, I was getting pretty frustrated by the end that it kept being week after week without Hotaru.

Last edited by Greed1914 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Lizuka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 am Reply with quote
I probably should finish season 2. What I've watched of it I liked more than season 1 I think, just because at least they found other things to talk about once in awhile. Season 1 starts really funny but it quickly turns exhausting with how repetitive it is.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 am Reply with quote
I also preferred the pace of season 2; I also think it has better character writing. The first season had better production values, but the candy talk/obsession got old quickly.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I also preferred the pace of season 2; I also think it has better character writing. The first season had better production values, but the candy talk/obsession got old quickly.

Thats a positive for me, now I want to watch season 2. The candy obsession itself can be funny but when they start going into candy details I could care less.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
I guess I'm the only one that liked the dagashi talk... Oh well. I didn't like this season as Coconuts really irritated me. Also, people kept asking where Hotaru went and it got annoying.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am Reply with quote
^ No, you're not. Smile The dagashi stuff was the main thing that kept me with season 1. Hotaru and Coconuts was the other, and when they dumped half of that duo and the (for me) main draw as well, it ended up being kind of a slog to get through the second season. Short episodes made them bearable, I guess, in a sort of Catch-22 way. But if you'd told me that Hotaru would be gone until the very end, I would've probably jumped ship before then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1