• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince Game's Launch Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Napul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pm Reply with quote
God F*CKING Dammit, give me PC version of this. Anime cry
JWagnesh8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Concur. This looks interesting.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Such a cute little storybook game. :3 I've played it about an hour and I'm enjoying it. A game that plays similar to it is called Dokuro and is available on Steam for all those on PC that are unable to play this adorable little game.
Napul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
Not enough. I want THIS game! Crying or Very sad
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty nice I must say. I like the art and it looks like a very sweet story.

That said, I'm continually frustrated with their trailers hinting at the story but showing only tiny glimpses of how the gameplay works. I guess that will be easy enough to figure out once reviews start coming out but I wish they would have described that better in their trailers.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
Looks pretty nice I must say. I like the art and it looks like a very sweet story.

That said, I'm continually frustrated with their trailers hinting at the story but showing only tiny glimpses of how the gameplay works. I guess that will be easy enough to figure out once reviews start coming out but I wish they would have described that better in their trailers.

Considering its a puzzle game there isn't much they can show without just giving away all the puzzles. Even the physical box only shows one screen shot of the mechanics that is introduced into the game.

Your task it to guide the prince through little puzzles and taking out monsters in your path. Part of the mechanics unlock as you play further such as being able to tell him to move forward and backwards with your commands.

Otherwise, you hold his hand the entire time and guide him as you open the path for him. He's one hit KO but there are multitude of checkpoints

Also the game is rather short. I'm about 2 hours in and seemingly halfway by the stage select feature. I've gone through 12 of a total of 22 options in stage select and have had zero boss fights so yea. Oh there is also an option to skip stage in the menu that unlocks after a while if you get stuck.

The game is simple and cute. It's shortness is clearly the reason it's only $20 digitally.

EDIT: A note as well, its seems NIS wasn't kidding when they called the physical release a Limited Edition. The PS4 seems to be sold out everywhere and they had no disk-only release.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:

Considering its a puzzle game there isn't much they can show without just giving away all the puzzles. Even the physical box only shows one screen shot of the mechanics that is introduced into the game.

Your task it to guide the prince through little puzzles and taking out monsters in your path. Part of the mechanics unlock as you play further such as being able to tell him to move forward and backwards with your commands.

See, that's why I was confused! I had no idea it was a puzzle game, I figured it was closer to a platformer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1