• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 Anime Premieres on April 28

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:19 am Reply with quote
I've been avoiding spoilers and manga panel thumbnail YouTube videos since the end of the last season. It seems like all my waiting is finally gonna pay off Very Happy
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will stream on FunimationNow this spring.
Does this mean future episodes will no longer be on Crunchyroll?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:32 am Reply with quote
A very late premiere, but the important thing to me is that it is coming up. And unless the season is only 10 episodes, episode 12 should air at the start of the Summer season on July 14.
shi666san

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
A very late premiere, but the important thing to me is that it is coming up. And unless the season is only 10 episodes, episode 12 should air at the start of the Summer season on July 14.

It's been confirmed to be only 10 episodes. The official website states that it will run from episode 50-59.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:38 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

It's already confirmed to be 10 episodes, hence the late premiere.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Does this mean future episodes will no longer be on Crunchyroll?

As this is part 2 of season 3 and not "season 4", the existing contract likely covers it, which would still make it a co-license by both parties. We've seen this "will stream on FunimationNow" and "will stream on Crunchyroll" language even back when the partnership was in place and both services would have a title, so I wouldn't read too much into that alone.

On a related topic, however, at least the English-subtitled version of the first season of AoT (and MHA) have been removed from CR. (Subs in other languages are apparently unaffected).
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:00 pm Reply with quote
It's really interesting how they've changed up the color palette a lot in this season, and made everything very bright and blue. AoT has been criticized in the past for being too brown.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for a new season!
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Genuinely wonder how the rest of the world (as I know a good deal of Western fans all but ignore the manga) will react to the late-game plot twists that have occurred of late. Actually, I wonder if the studio will rewrite them to make them more, shall we say, palatable for the rest of the world. Guess we'll see.

Frankly? I'm amazed that this thing is still running.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Genuinely wonder how the rest of the world (as I know a good deal of Western fans all but ignore the manga) will react to the late-game plot twists that have occurred of late. Actually, I wonder if the studio will rewrite them to make them more, shall we say, palatable for the rest of the world. Guess we'll see.

They don’t need to tweak anything. Everything that is coming is quite good and not in need of any fine tuning. Sure they could fix the pacing in some places, but that’s minor and very doable as they proved with their adaption of the Uprising arc.

This series has been dense and psychologically twisted, but it’s never been too hard to keep track of what’s going on.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
It's been confirmed to be only 10 episodes. The official website states that it will run from episode 50-59.

Thanks for pointing that out. We found the listing on the website so we added that information to the article.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:

They don’t need to tweak anything. Everything that is coming is quite good and not in need of any fine tuning. Sure they could fix the pacing in some places, but that’s minor and very doable as they proved with their adaption of the Uprising arc.

This series has been dense and psychologically twisted, but it’s never been too hard to keep track of what’s going on.
I assume they're referring to the political controversy of the latest manga plot twist.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:

I assume they're referring to the political controversy of the latest manga plot twist.

ohhhhh,I hope they retain that.The reactions here will be entertaining to watch....
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:44 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:

These are literally the most interesting parts of the manga right now, I highly doubt they would remove anything.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:54 am Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect any drastic changes aside from pacing to accommodate for only having 10 episodes. I recall there being rumors that things were going to be changed in season 2 so there would be more surprises since the amount of time between seasons meant a lot of the details were already known. None of that came to pass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2