• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[HELP] Buying license for manga publishing in Italy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevenworks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:32 am Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm stuck in a problem and maybe someone can help me.

The company I'm working in is planning to publish (for the first time) comics for the italian market. They asked me to find some interesting USA and manga comics.

For the USA comics there were no problems: all the publishers I contacted via email have replied telling me their conditions and license prices.

Instead, I'm having a lot of problems with Manga publishers: often I don't find a dedicated email for this kind of requests and they don't reply.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong that I don't understand or I have to use a different approach.

Anyone can help me with this problem?

thanks,
Stefano
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I'd imagine for manga you would want to contact the original licensor in Japan rather than the licensees here in the U.S.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kpossibles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
stevenworks wrote:

Instead, I'm having a lot of problems with Manga publishers: often I don't find a dedicated email for this kind of requests and they don't reply.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong that I don't understand or I have to use a different approach.

Usually smaller companies work with Tuttle Mori Agency to get a license? Try using them! Some Japanese publishers have contact emails on their website for license requests.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:55 pm Reply with quote
stevenworks wrote:
Hello,
I'm stuck in a problem and maybe someone can help me.

The company I'm working in is planning to publish (for the first time) comics for the italian market. They asked me to find some interesting USA and manga comics.

For the USA comics there were no problems: all the publishers I contacted via email have replied telling me their conditions and license prices.HostGator DreamHost Bluehost

Anyone can help me with this problem?

thanks,
Stefano
I'd imagine for manga you would want to contact the original licensor in Japan rather than the licensees here in the U.S.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1