• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Character Spotlight: The Cast of Devil May Cry 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
Grrrr, a little over two weeks, but I want it now!

Good to see the gang back together after way too long. Also, CAPCOM posted a trailer featuring the song Mad Qualia by HYDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgy67ZBxdXI
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:35 am Reply with quote
I've been really excited to play this game. The main thing I wanted from Capcom was to just make Devil May Cry 5 and pretend DMC didn't happen, and it looks like they did that.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I've been really excited to play this game. The main thing I wanted from Capcom was to just make Devil May Cry 5 and pretend DMC didn't happen, and it looks like they did that.

They really haven't as much as people want that weird validation for some reason.

That aside though not feeling the faces especially of Nero and Dante.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

Pretty much. The biggest monument that game's inadequacy was Dante being in MvC3 and Donte being in...Playstation All-Stars. Ouch.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 pm Reply with quote
^ Isn't the original version of MvC3 the epitome of inadequacy in the fighting game community though?

Hence why they whipped out UMvC3?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:39 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
^ Isn't the original version of MvC3 the epitome of inadequacy in the fighting game community though?

Hence why they whipped out UMvC3?

It's funny how every comment you've made in this manner can be adequately countered with "that's not the point."
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
It's funny how every comment you've made in this manner can be adequately countered with "that's not the point."

Much like it's funny how every time a discussion about Devil May Cry crops up you feel the weird need to take a swipe at the reboot, even if the story has nothing to do with the reboot itself. Plus even if that wasn't the point it was still a pretty weird comment to make given how it blatantly disregards how the original MvC3 was seen by most of the fanbase

Remember this game came out at the height at the anti-capcom craze and the game having content tucked away in it's code some of which would be added to the eventual updated rerelease didn't exactly help that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1