• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
YouTube Allegations Against ANN

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:42 pm Reply with quote
https://youtu.be/B0sHDdHvlkI

I mean, to me it sounds like you guys have quite a bit of explaining to do. Perhaps, you should explain why you deleting thread posts for no reason. The only reason I bring this up is because I believe the truth shouldn't be hidden and it seems like you are hiding quite a bit. It's already becoming more and more apparent that you guys are on the wrong side of quite a few arguments. I would suggest coming forward and explaining why you chose to be on the wrong side.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 am Reply with quote
Ooohhh some random fan done youtube conspiracy theory piece. That's sure convincing.

In every single one of the Vic threads the mods have made it clear what sort of posts would not be tolerated. Posts such as victim blaming, excusing away harassment, advocating violence, being rude and insulting towards others, & of course these constant conspiracy theories by people who simply have nothing better to do. Nothing has been hidden and every news piece related to Vic has been entirely transparent. Lynzee, Tempest, and other news staff members have provided explanation after explanation and correction after correction to those who want to make assumptions and have these simply ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I'm locking this absurdity up but I'll leave it here in case Tempest, or others, choose to respond (or remove it themselves).
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
You're suggesting the posts were deleted for "no reason."

The YouTube piece says the posts were deleted for disagreeing with ANN, and/or presenting proof of errors in our articles.

Both of the above allegations are false.

There are a number of reasons we delete posts. We're extremely transparent about it. We delete posts that break our rules. Posts that are rude, racist, sexist, or otherwise hateful. We also delete 1-liners that don't contribute to the conversation, soap-boxing, etc.

In this particular case, the moderators gave their reasons for deleting posts. You can read what they wrote in the thread to get the answer to your question.

I think it's also worth pointing out that the moderators deleted a significant number of posts, and gave warnings to people on both sides of the argument. If you present polite criticism of ANN, and someone else counters your criticism with insults, that other person, our "supporter" will have their post deleted and will be warned and possibly placed on moderation.

I want to make it clear that ANN allows criticism of our articles in this forum. So long as you can criticize an article without resorting to insults, ad-hominem attacks, soapboxing, hate-speech, etc, the criticism will not be deleted.

Toss around words like "SJW-propaganda" and "NPC," and yes, your posts will be deleted.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1