Forum - View topic
How to start making music?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomeshelen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Any music makers here? I want to learn how to start producing electronic music on my computer
I have never used a DAW for music production but I have a strong background is recording, editing and mixing sound for film and live bands in ProTools. I have heard that Logic and Ableton are the best options as the workflow and interface are easier to pick up on. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to begin in terms of learning how to create a basic beat, sample, layer, mix, etc and would love to know how I could start.

Do I need external hardware? Midi Keyboard, Drum Pad, etc?

Any information as to how I could begin would be amazing!
kellyon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:08 pm Reply with quote
The basis for making music with a computer is a digital audio workstation (DAW). Some examples: FL Studio, Ableton Live, Bitwig, Logic Pro, Cubase, Reaper, Reason. With this software you'll be able recording, editing and mixing audio. You can download a demo of any DAW to start experimenting. There are many useful tutorials for beginners on youtube. Also I suggest you to read Bluebuzzmusic, it is a great blog about music production, it contains both material for absolute beginners as well as more complex things for musicians. I found there free sound packs for fl studio. Good luck!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1