• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of Unato Anime Film Reveals Visual, Theme Song by Eg

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:07 am Reply with quote
For all the faults people find with the series, I always finds it rewatcheable fun. Hope we get a trailer soon!
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
"Middle volume" meaning that they've planned either an additional film or another season? That would be great.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty excited for this.

With FUNimation and Crunchyroll going their separate ways I wonder how it's going to affect the release here in the States?
Araragifeels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 am Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
I'm pretty excited for this.

With FUNimation and Crunchyroll going their separate ways I wonder how it's going to affect the release here in the States?

Crunchyroll got a couple of options. (First option) They partner up with Funimation just for the movie since Funi did dubbed season 1 and release home video. (Second Option) Partner up with Sentai for the movies to release Home Video and Dubbed the movie since Sentai is in Texas, they can bring cast back for the dubbed. (Third Option) Partner up with other 3rd Party (Right Stuff Inc or Discotek Media to release home video while outsourcing the dubbed to Funi again or to Sentai.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:25 am Reply with quote
I sometimes forget that a movie for Kabaneri is being made. The article might want to mention that the TV season was released on BD/DVD under the CR-Funimation partnership.

Araragifeels wrote:
Funi did dubbed season 1

Studiopolis produced the English dub.
Araragifeels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I sometimes forget that a movie for Kabaneri is being made. The article might want to mention that the TV season was released on BD/DVD under the CR-Funimation partnership.

Araragifeels wrote:
Funi did dubbed season 1

Studiopolis produced the English dub.

Even better. Crunchyroll can partner up with Right Stuff Inc or Discotek Media for Home Video release and commission the dub again to Studiopolis. But I wonder when Crunchyroll will acquired the movies Home Video right.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Kabaneri but I don't know it was all that popular compared to Attack on Titan and Wit's other shows that I can see them contuining the rest of the anime as a film series instead of a TV show. I hope there won't be too long of a wait for the US release.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:57 am Reply with quote
Wow, a film should be interesting. I gotta sit down and watch my series since I bought it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1