• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fairy Tail: Final Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:05 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
I wouldn't say Acnologia hates Natsu personally, because he doesn't even know who Natsu is. It's not like Natsu was the one who ripped his arm off. To him, Natsu is just a boy who needs to die because he has the powers of a dragon.

actually he does know him of sorts during the sirrius island arc. he ignored him and the others cause they arent stromg enough. it was different for his father and guildarts!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex_Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:02 am Reply with quote
Well I've seen the confrontation between Natsu and his ridiculous Bro and have come to the conclusion everybody will die.Zeref's psychopathic 12 or whatever they're called, are going to kill all the Magnolia types for him..Happy should be strung up for what he did. Now they neither win nor live. Was that Ainz Oal Gown killing off all those background characters?
If Zeref the Ever-Living really wants everyone dead he could easily do it himself in the infinite years ahead of him. Just stick a knife in everyone and everything, who cares how long it takes?
IanKen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
My $.02: fudge Happy. God damn, every time the sniveling moron shows up I just want to punch a cat. He's a selfish prick and needs to die.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
Alex_Sandy wrote:
Well I've seen the confrontation between Natsu and his ridiculous Bro and have come to the conclusion everybody will die.Zeref's psychopathic 12 or whatever they're called, are going to kill all the Magnolia types for him..Happy should be strung up for what he did. Now they neither win nor live. Was that Ainz Oal Gown killing off all those background characters?
If Zeref the Ever-Living really wants everyone dead he could easily do it himself in the infinite years ahead of him. Just stick a knife in everyone and everything, who cares how long it takes?

that is basically the aftereffects of the ankselam curse!

my real question is why mavis never was effected by the same contradictions even though she was under the same curse!?

my only guess at this point is that spoiler[ mavis gave birth to their son whose also brandish's grandfather and leader of the spriggan 12 (and no its not erza's mom irene) ] might be the reason she doesnt get affected by those contradictions!

though its only a guess since the manga unfortunately never went into those details!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Alex_Sandy wrote:

that is basically the aftereffects of the ankselam curse!

my real question is why mavis never was effected by the same contradictions even though she was under the same curse!?

my only guess at this point is that spoiler[ mavis gave birth to their son whose also brandish's grandfather and leader of the spriggan 12 (and no its not erza's mom irene) ] might be the reason she doesnt get affected by those contradictions!

though its only a guess since the manga unfortunately never went into those details!

spoiler[He's not REALLY Brandish's grandpa.]
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear. You're gonna give people the wrong impression by saying spoiler[Ultear is dead (she isn't)].
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
What I really love about Fairy Tail is that the female cast members are allowed to kick just as much butt as the male characters unlike most shonen series especially when it's a young girl character like Wendy. Never will get old seeing her kick Dimaria in the face lol. I just wish she fought in her Dragon Force form more but for some reason she's always portrayed as really reserved in using it despite it seemingly not draining much energy. Next episode is going to be great seeing certain scenes animated!
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:18 pm Reply with quote
This episode's title was a toss-up between a new one and one the following manga chapter titles:

• "Farewell, Magical Girl" (the chapter where Shelia loses her magic)
  • "Transport" (where Jacob traps the whole guild, and the part where Natsu returns)
  • "Stealth" (the battle against Jacob itself)

I can sort of see the logic behind making a new title in this case, but...
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I confess these reviews are doing a good job at improving some of my long-seated impressions of this arc. I never really thought much of Neinhart, especially with how he responds to a certain PO'd wizard's retaliation, but now I can get a little more behind why he does.

That being said, spoiler[the events to come are also events I'm not looking forward to reliving, and for all the wrong reasons.]
zfunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
One thing the anime did differently, is Beth is not missing. In the manga, Beth goes MIA early on the final arc, and we don't see her for a while, while the anime is not playing that charade of her being dead.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That's important for their friends as well. Shelia's loss of magic doesn't have to mean that she's given up her future, she's just given up a future, and Wendy's not going to stop being her Sky Sister just because she's no longer a wizard.

I can't help but find this line a little funny since, spoiler[Chelia literally gets her magic back at the end of this arc; making her sacrifice entirely pointless.] But then again spoiler["pointlessness"] is a running theme in this arc.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Quote:
That's important for their friends as well. Shelia's loss of magic doesn't have to mean that she's given up her future, she's just given up a future, and Wendy's not going to stop being her Sky Sister just because she's no longer a wizard.

I can't help but find this line a little funny since, spoiler[Chelia literally gets her magic back at the end of this arc; making her sacrifice entirely pointless.] But then again spoiler["pointlessness"] is a running theme in this arc.

spoiler[Begins learning it from scratch again is more like it. Mashima said she could regain it in time since ordinary humans aren't born knowing magic (look at FT's founders), but it'd be a long and hard road to recovery. Sure, it dulls the tension of Ultear's "you'll never use magic again" spiel just like practically every other fake-out to come, but at least effort is involved to get Shelia back on the path to where she was, rather than just handing the status quo back to her on a silver platter.]
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:55 am Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Quote:

spoiler[Begins learning it from scratch again is more like it. Mashima said she could regain it in time since ordinary humans aren't born knowing magic (look at FT's founders), but it'd be a long and hard road to recovery. Sure, it dulls the tension of Ultear's "you'll never use magic again" spiel just like practically every other fake-out to come, but at least effort is involved to get Shelia back on the path to where she was, rather than just handing the status quo back to her on a silver platter.]

Quote:
"Effort"? Laughing None of that was involved in this arc...like at all.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 am Reply with quote
I'm loving this Final Arc, everyone I know is talking so much crap about Fairy Tail but they never finished anything past the grand magic games. I'm ready for more, and to what is to come because shit is about to get really crazy!
Gohanangered

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I haven't bothered to watch this mainly because i know what happens at the end.[/spoiler] spoiler[I wasn't really a fan of the ending how the author did some of the pairings. Only one i agreed with was the relationship of gray and juvia. The others not so much. I was more of the band wagon of erza and natsu and have him pair up lucy with someone else. Even if it was a character he introduced later in the story. But that's my opinion on that. lol]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6