• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a Mondaiji knock-off!
Firefly251

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

not like problem children from what i remember.

basically they help a village, end up bringing modern stuff to the fantasy world, end up in a "war" with the duke(iirc its duke) and free people from oppression. They call themselves angels and do their best to help the people while looking for a way home.

not the best, but its an interesting one still.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 pm Reply with quote
seems like something id enjoy, but i know very little of it, doesnt even have a wiki page :p

my 1st thought reading the synopsis was lord of the flies, but just as well could be a mash up of every other isekai i enjoy , kinda like Gate etc..
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Another isekai, yay! The synopsis seems interesting but not gonna lie, what definitely caught my attention the most is the elf (tho the other girls look good too). It may turn out to be shit, but for now let's see how it goes.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 am Reply with quote
The manga adaptation got reviewed a while back, for those interested in learning more about the series.
for reference, it got average reviews.
3ngag3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:49 am Reply with quote
This is basically the Isekai version of Medaka Box.
gacha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:16 am Reply with quote
Manga is really bad, from what I've heard the novel is even worse.
OmegaE50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:33 am Reply with quote
Out of any series they can have an adaptation for they decide to choose this piece of crap if anybody decides to watch the series go ahead but in my personal opinion as someone who actually read this this is one of the worst isekai I have ever read both as a light novel and manga
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:55 am Reply with quote
if they keep announcing these isekai's so forgettable, people will get bored at some point and when the good isekai's come out as world teacher or last boss and nobody will want to see them.

That is the real injustice in all this.
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure whether I'd call this series the worst one I've read (the manga), but it's definitely down there. At the same time, it was nice to see a series that didn't instantly resort to crop rotation as the solution to mankind's struggles, even though such farming advances were very important.

Basically, when this series says "prodigy," it actually means "walking deus ex machina." In the author's defense, he usually attempts to explain how these kids managed to pull off the unrealistic feats. Still, great suspension of disbelief is required.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am Reply with quote
This makes it sound like it was just announced, but I'm pretty sure I heard it getting an anime already a while ago?

Edit; I may be thinking of the manga adaptation Yen Press licensed a while back...
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I can't help looking for something sinister in this synopsis, but is it actually just complete fluff after all?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
I can't help looking for something sinister in this synopsis, but is it actually just complete fluff after all?

No, nothing sinister in the synopsis, fluff though huh, depends on your definition of it, is the Lord of the Flies a fun summertime comedy then yes, it could be called fluff...
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Usagi-kun wrote:

No, nothing sinister in the synopsis, fluff though huh, depends on your definition of it, is the Lord of the Flies a fun summertime comedy then yes, it could be called fluff...

Lord of the Flies was honestly the vibe I was getting. Or some type of rude awakening for the core cast, making the title kind of omnious. I'll skip spoilers for now, but I'm kind of curious. LotF is about as far from fluffy as you can get.
Killua_Godspeed14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
Firefly251 wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

not like problem children from what i remember.

basically they help a village, end up bringing modern stuff to the fantasy world, end up in a "war" with the duke(iirc its duke) and free people from oppression. They call themselves angels and do their best to help the people while looking for a way home.

not the best, but its an interesting one still.

I'm glad to see this series is getting an anime adaptation, but I'm just as upset because its manga is being released in the states. Reason being that the mangaka is the same person that worked on one of the sleeper hits from 2015 Chivalry of a Failed Knight, and that series hasn't had a western release for neither its light novel nor its manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1