• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime' TV Anime Gets Sequel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 am Reply with quote
That was fast lol

Cool to know. Given the one year time frame, they have time to work with this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 am Reply with quote
I pretty much expected this would get a continuation given how incredibly popular the Slime series is. It's certainly become one of my favorite isekai anime. I hope it won't be too long of a wait for it.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 am Reply with quote
YES! second season more than well deserved, now if the epic parts will come (ᗒᗨᗕ)
me_barron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:14 am Reply with quote
Sweet! Such a wholesome series. Definitely deserves a sequel.
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:21 am Reply with quote
I had a feeling this would happen, like what happened when Season 2 of Overlord ended and immediately a Season 3 was announced afterward lol
nDroae

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
Overlord 2 and 3 are thought to have been funded and produced together, with the third season being kept unconfirmed until a planned date as a marketing strategy. This case is probably actually a response to success.

I wish I enjoyed Slime more than I have, considering I do like the characters and the theme of building a civilization of misfits. I think it could use more "filler" inconsequential slice of life type episodes.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
I thought it would have taken at least a year until this announcement, i'm glad i was wrong, can't wait for the new anime and next volume !
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
Overlord 2 and 3 are thought to have been funded and produced together, with the third season being kept unconfirmed until a planned date as a marketing strategy. This case is probably actually a response to success.

I didn't know that, but that would make sense. In slimes case I'm glad it was successful enough to quickly warrant a second season.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:32 am Reply with quote
I’ve been told the first season has almost caught up to the manga adaptation, so I’m wondering if the second season will be moving to the light novels for source material? Guess we’ll find out in due time.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I’ve been told the first season has almost caught up to the manga adaptation, so I’m wondering if the second season will be moving to the light novels for source material? Guess we’ll find out in due time.

That's what I was wondering too. It would be interesting if that is the case. I wonder if it will be noticeable in how the show is adapted between the two different source material versions.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:19 pm Reply with quote
meh

The ending of the series was so dull and boring that it felt like a chore. It went from being a series that I looked forward to watching each week, to one that I could care less about.

Hopefully the new stuff helps the title regain some of it original strength. I however will not jump on this right as it comes out, I'll wait for the consensus first.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Well that was quick. Smile I’m quite glad to see that more is on the way. It’s been an enjoyable ride and I’m looking forward to seeing what Rimuru will encounter next.
Phantowhite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
i wasnt even slightly worried this wasnt going to get a season 2. the light novel and manga already has a huge fanbase and the anime only pulled in even more. i figured they'd announce it at the end of episode 25 but faster is better in some cases.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
IWAEEEEEEEEEE our dear lord Rumuru-Sama will come back in 2020 Cool
melton80

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote
The light novel came out before the manga like alot of anime adaptions so even if they use the novel material it isnt gonna change much, the manga is just a picture book of the novel basically with only a few changes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2