• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Baki Anime Gets 2nd Season on Netflix

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 am Reply with quote
That was by far one of the worst cliff-hangar at the end of season 1 I've seen in a long time in anime.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:42 am Reply with quote
bacondreamer wrote:
That was by far one of the worst cliff-hangar at the end of season 1 I've seen in a long time in anime.

Um. When there’s a cliffhanger, it most likely means they planned for a second season. Confused
Revy's MINE!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
bacondreamer wrote:

Absolutely NO lie!! That was rough....can't wait for NF to post the next 13 episodes.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 pm Reply with quote
bacondreamer & Revy, you're both misunderstanding the new story. The second half of Season 1 should literally be on Netflix today, since March 19 was the promised date for that. This is news confirming that an entire second season of Baki, as in brand new episodes that haven't been made yet, is also coming to Netflix in the future!

This is cool, because that should finish up the rest of the New Grappler Baki manga. Hopefully this can continue, because then we could get anime adaptations of Hanma Baki, Baki-dou, & (at some point in the future) the currently-running BAKI-dou manga, too. Maybe Baki can be Netflix's equivalent to JoJo, with a new season or two adapting each of the manga successive manga series.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Huh so we are getting new season, dope. Cool

I like to think that Baki is doing well enough on the site that Netflix is willing to help fund the new season.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Huh? Baki part two was released? Why can't they give us one week heads up on releases? And don't say they post to Twitter or Facebook, those are too cluttered with random info to deal with.
Just have a coming soon and leaving soon list for the next two month on Netflix would be enough
Bullza

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Well that's good news. The Chinese Challenge arc was pretty entertaining.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Season 3 part 2 has actually been delayed last minute to April 30. We can blame everyone's confusion on Netflix and various news outlets calling the second half "season 2". Netflix seems to just prefer ignoring the first two seasons from years ago since people are less likely to start a show at the third season. Anyway, glad it's doing well enough to get a fourth season greenlit!
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:02 am Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
We can blame everyone's confusion on Netflix and various news outlets calling the second half "season 2". Netflix seems to just prefer ignoring the first two seasons from years ago since people are less likely to start a show at the third season.

Not exactly. This new anime is an adaptation of the second manga, New Grappler Baki (or simply "Baki"), while the original anime was an adaptation of the first manga, Grappler Baki. Therefore, it is fair to call this new set of episodes that were just announced "Season 2 of Baki", because it is just that, a second season of the anime adaptation of Baki; overall, though, it would be the fourth season of the entire Grappler Baki anime adaptations. It's like how one can say that JoJo Stardust Crusaders: Battle in Egypt is "Season 2" of that story, even though it's technically the third overall season of the JoJo anime as a whole.

And, yes, I'm just being pedantic for the fun of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1