• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Spring 2019

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Attack on Titan and Fruits Basket are the only Spring shows that I am really excited about. I am also interested in Carole and Tuesday, but isn't it a Netflix hijacked show?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:26 pm Reply with quote
So Sarazanmai, Bungo Stray Dogs season 3 and Attack on Titan. Whether I watch Carol and Tuesday depends on whether or not I can have access to Netflix.
meruru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
No one mentioned Chihayafuru and Kono Oto Tomare which are two shows I'm looking forward to (besides the others already mentioned). I'd expect plenty are familiar with Chihayafuru from its earlier seasons. Kono Oto Tomare is actually a similar sort of show as Chihayafuru, except featuring the koto rather than karuta.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 pm Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
No one mentioned Chihayafuru

It was pushed back to Fall.
meruru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
meruru wrote:
No one mentioned Chihayafuru

It was pushed back to Fall.

Ah, no, how disappointing. I suppose the slight bright side is one less show in the spring full of shows I want to watch will make it a little easier to keep up.
alconnow_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I’m only looking forward to Kimetsu no Yaiba and Bungo Stray Dogs.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I will lament the fact that Carole and Tuesday and Sarazanmai won't get weekly episode write-ups here unless somehow the former gets a Violet Evergarden-incident which seems really unlikely at this point.

Though on the other hand, I'm actually surprised P.A. Works' Fairy Gone hasn't been picked up by Netflix. I'll definitely check out that one if it actually gets a weekly simulcast along with Fruits Basket, Bocchi, and Attack on Titan S3 Part 2 though rather tepidly.
WingKing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
Kono Oto Tomare is actually a similar sort of show as Chihayafuru, except featuring the koto rather than karuta.

That's the one I'm looking forward to, although not without some trepidation. Compared to Chihayafuru, which was given to a major studio and a well-known director, Kono Oto Tomare is being led by a first-time director at a studio (Platinum Vision) without much of a production history. It's also a little worrying that there's no extended trailer this close to the premiere date, just a couple of 30-second previews mostly full of still images. That said, if it comes together it's going to be really good. If not, well, we'll still have the manga.
Super_M

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:55 pm Reply with quote
ANN staff definitely are more excited about original shows (Sarazanmai, Carole and Tuesday) than japanese audience.

I'm curious about Sarazanmai, that will be my first Ikuhara show. People complain about Ikuhara last show YuriKuma and say that for Ikuhara 1-cour is not enough. Which is worrisome becouse Sarazanmai have less episodes than YuriKuma.

I'm intrested also in Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:28 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I will lament the fact that Carole and Tuesday and Sarazanmai won't get weekly episode write-ups here unless somehow the former gets a Violet Evergarden-incident which seems really unlikely at this point.

Though on the other hand, I'm actually surprised P.A. Works' Fairy Gone hasn't been picked up by Netflix. I'll definitely check out that one if it actually gets a weekly simulcast along with Fruits Basket, Bocchi, and Attack on Titan S3 Part 2 though rather tepidly.

The fact that it seems "Fairy gone" has not been picked up by Netflix yet and no announcement has been made of such is good news to me! This is the show I am anticipating the most this season and would prefer it be streamed weekly by an official streaming service.
Vizo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Besides One Punch Man and Attack on Titan, Fairy gone really caught my attention for the spring season. The premise sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing how action scenes play out. The cute lead male is a bonus! I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Though I probably won't get into Carole & Tuesday, it seems like a sweet, high-quality story and I appreciate what the creators are trying to do with it.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited for Fruits Basket (which was my long time anime adaptation pipe dream), Sarazanmai, and Carole & Tuesday (even if I have to wait a while). I'm definitely going to keep watching Attack on Titan and Dororo's second half as well. I'm also curious now about Ao-chan Can't Study because the premise could be pretty funny.

Do we know yet who has licensed Sarazanmai? I know its a Noitamina show, but so was The Promised Neverland, and that aired on multiple platforms, so maybe that exclusivity deal with Amazon expired?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Do we know yet who has licensed Sarazanmai? I know its a Noitamina show, but so was The Promised Neverland, and that aired on multiple platforms, so maybe that exclusivity deal with Amazon expired?

The Amazon-Noitamina deal seems to be over. If nothing weird happens I expect Funimation or Crunchyroll to pick up Sarazanmai.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quote
This season is basically a three horse race between Fruits Basket 2019, Carole and Tuesday and Sarazanmai for all intents and purposes. The expectations for One Punch Man 2 is currently somewhere between "maybe it won't look that bad and the story could save it anyway." and "this could be a complete disaster." And the rest of series debuting I don't think anyone has expectations for.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
This season is basically a three horse race between Fruits Basket 2019, Carole and Tuesday and Sarazanmai for all intents and purposes.

Yeah, pretty much. I'll be watching Gundam even though it's basically just "reruns".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3