• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Currently airing anime and where to find them? A list?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PonSquared

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:50 pm Reply with quote
With the anime streaming market becoming ever more fractured, I am starting to have trouble finding the shows I want to watch. Gone are the days of Amazon, CR and NF having everything. Now we have those three plus Hulu, HD, and Funi also having exclusive content. Just the other day I was wondering why OPMan has not appeared on CR yet (I thought it was going to be on their website) only to find it is now exclusive to Hulu.

What I would like to know is if there is an page, article, or forum post (stickied!) somewhere that clearly and simply lists all currently airing show streaming in the US and where to find them? Something without having to click on anything to search for who has the rights for the show.

Something as simple as:

Spring 19 Streaming Anime
------------------------------------
Anime 1 - Funi, CR
Anime 2 - Hulu
Anime 3 - Amazon
Etc...

Something formatted nicely with some tables or something perhaps? Anyway, is this a feature of ANN or of any site/forum?

Thanks in advance!

-PonSquared
-ANN Subscriber
horseradish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by horseradish on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
PonSquared

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:17 pm Reply with quote
horseradish wrote:
Dunno why ANN does not do something like this alongside the preview guide Neutral ?:
https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1115715065699872769

EDIT: Yatta-Tachi has a very good chart for Spring 2019.

Yes! Thank you! This is exactly what I am looking for.

So, ANN, why DON'T you do this for your customers? It is honestly shocking that this isn't a standard feature of the site. I hope you consider making some simple and useful lists like the links above.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 am Reply with quote
I already pay for Amazon, Netflix, and Crunchyroll. Now I'm supposed to pay for Funimation or Hulu as well? So far the only Funi show I've watched is Mix. Though I like Cross Game, I'm not paying a monthly subscription to watch one show. If this sort of fractionalization keeps up, fansubbers will again find themselves in demand.
horseradish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by horseradish on Mon May 04, 2020 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
If this sort of fractionalization keeps up, fansubbers will again find themselves in demand.

Nah, fansubbers are only in demand when you get really bad translations from the official licensor or when Netflix is on the case. You'll just get rips in "service with one show" cases.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:17 am Reply with quote
thanks for the list , was looking for it)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I already pay for Amazon, Netflix, and Crunchyroll. Now I'm supposed to pay for Funimation or Hulu as well? So far the only Funi show I've watched is Mix. Though I like Cross Game, I'm not paying a monthly subscription to watch one show. If this sort of fractionalization keeps up, fansubbers will again find themselves in demand.

I use Amazon, Netflix, Crunchyroll, and Funimation a lot, what I'm contemplating canceling is HiDive since they barely ever get anything I want to see. As much as I like NotSentai's NeoAnimeNetwork, once I exhaust all their older completed shows that I haven't seen yet, there will be nothing for me.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 pm Reply with quote
For those who want CR and HiDive you might consider getting a VRV account. It's created by CR and features a membership to them, Hi-Dive, Rooster Teeth, Curiosity Stream, and more. It's also cheaper than paying for just CR and Hi-Dive separately. CR+Hi-Dive separately is roughly $135 a year and VRV is $120 a year. Plus with VRV you get the extra channels.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote
Mix suddenly, and surprisingly, appeared at Crunchyroll. Was there any prior announcement about a Funi/CR deal?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1