• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spice & Wolf VR Anime Slated for June 3 on Oculus Rift & Go, HTC VIVE

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 am Reply with quote
Why cant they just make a proper 3rd season or adapt the whole LN series....
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 am Reply with quote
I see they're using the VR to gauge interest for a potential season 3
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 am Reply with quote
Gotta wonder, what the heck is this supposed to be? I don't have a VR (nor do I ever plan on getting one); so.... is this supposed to be a continuation of S2? Or a reboot? Or just a couple of specials?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:34 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Because they literally can not do it? VR project isn't tied to anime production, it's a full passion project by LN author and his company to make at least something related to S&W after all these years, backed by the people.

Want to get a third season - speak that questions towards Dengeki Bunko as the publisher of S&W, and anime production committees.

Inverti Herikawa wrote:
Gotta wonder, what the heck is this supposed to be? I don't have a VR (nor do I ever plan on getting one); so.... is this supposed to be a continuation of S2? Or a reboot? Or just a couple of specials?
Think of it as a premade special that utilizes VR goggles for full-scope view angle and movement of virtual camera. That's all.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 am Reply with quote
Heh, that's fine; we've had VR since Oculus was a Kickstarter. Laughing
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will also be viewable on PC without a VR headset, and it will have English subtitles.

Good...I still never found a reason too get a vr headset yet and this still wouldn't give me enough desire too do so. if they made more jrpgs for it than we can talk >.>

As far as a season 3 is concerned, I would love too see it as well..a few months ago i managed too secure the anniversary collection on ebay for a reasonable price(if you think 248 bucks is reasonable) and currently half way through book 14 and theres a ton of characters and plot missing. also noticed season 2 completely skipped over their 1st encounter with Elsa, one of my favorite characters in the novel atm:p
marconii2002

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:45 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:

Becasue complete novles or mangas are not getting animes. Rule is: complete novel or manga = on 99.99% anime never.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:36 am Reply with quote
marconii2002 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Becasue complete novles or mangas are not getting animes. Rule is: complete novel or manga = on 99.99% anime never.

Not quite. For example If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord will air the coming Summer season, and it's final, 8th, volume is out a few months already.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
marconii2002 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Not quite. For example If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord will air the coming Summer season, and it's final, 8th, volume is out a few months already.

but is it a full adaptation?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Holo Wolfgod wrote:
but is it a full adaptation?

As much as I'd like to, doubt it. Imagine if whole of Bunny Drop was adapted, squared, if that happened. So probably just the early volumes.
Which is a shame as the literal title drop comes very late in the series...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
Now, if the powers that be somehow worked it out so that Brina and Tatum could reprise their roles in this game. At least the game will be available on PC which means we have a wider audience considering the VR-using crowd is still somewhat niche. Sure, the non-VR version lacks the essence of its counterpart but for those on a budget or not into VR yet, at least it is something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1