• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trouble Subscribing

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm not able to subscribe. If I try to go through PayPal, it requires me to link a card to my account, which already has been done. If I re-type my information anyway, it still reads as an error. If I go back and start again, by clicking the "not on PayPal, use credit card" link, I am told that I need to use PayPal and am taken to a PayPal sign-up sheet. I've tried with the "1 Year-$30" button several times, and the "6 months- $16" button once; Both gave me the same response. I have tried accessing the subscriber page both through the green link and by going to the menu's "Subscribe" option. Nothing works. Please help. Thank you!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
CandisWhite wrote:
I'm not able to subscribe. If I try to go through PayPal, it requires me to link a card to my account, which already has been done. If I re-type my information anyway, it still reads as an error. If I go back and start again, by clicking the "not on PayPal, use credit card" link, I am told that I need to use PayPal and am taken to a PayPal sign-up sheet. I've tried with the "1 Year-$30" button several times, and the "6 months- $16" button once; Both gave me the same response. I have tried accessing the subscriber page both through the green link and by going to the menu's "Subscribe" option. Nothing works. Please help. Thank you!

Hi CandisWhite,

First off, thank you very much for trying to subscribe.

I hate when tech support do this to me (shift the blame), but this seems like a PayPal problem. I think you should contact them, hopefully they will reply.

Alternatively, since you do have a PayPal account (so this isn't a typical "I don't want to use PayPal" issue, if you send me a PM, I can send you information for sending us a payment directly over PayPal and I'll manually set up your subscription.

-Chris
macplus
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
Like CandisWhite, I'm also having trouble subscribing, but for a slightly different reason.

When I click the "1 Year - $30" button, the page tries to send me to PayPal and ... nothing happens. After 5 minutes or so, the connection attempt times out. I thought it may be due to holiday shopping traffic, but I've tried three days in a row, with the same results. I even tried different browsers, but once again, the same results.

Edit:
Hurrah! Yesterday the PayPal link worked and I was finally able to subscribe.
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I am trying to subscribe and PayPal is not accepting my "form of payment". I believe this is because the link is set up, technically, as a recurring payment, which is how it's listed on the PayPal checkout. I use a credit card gift card, which doesn't authorize recurring payments. I was hoping that I could do what I did last time (Dec. 24 2017) and send $30 US through PayPal to ANN's PayPal account (PayPal still has the "address" listed in my history; It even has an option to repeat the transaction). I would simply send the $30 with a note describing what I am sending it for (full year subscription). If I could do this, that would be fantastic. And, since I will never have a regular credit card, if I could do this every year, going forward, that would also be great. Thank you for your time and concern.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Go ahead and do that, then send me a PM and I'll extend your subscription manually.

Give me a day or two to do it though, I'll be offline a lot this weekend.
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Go ahead and do that, then send me a PM and I'll extend your subscription manually.

Give me a day or two to do it though, I'll be offline a lot this weekend.

Oh, wow. I'm religious in checking for 2 weeks, then write it off and stop looking. I will do this as soon as I can.
AManOfCharacter

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 am Reply with quote
How do I unsubscribe? I cannot find any option anywhere to do so.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:22 am Reply with quote
AManOfCharacter wrote:
How do I unsubscribe? I cannot find any option anywhere to do so.

Sorry, I completely missed this question! I assume you've noticed by now, your subscription did not renew when it was finished.

Our subscriptions do not auto-renew.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1