• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruichi Launches Star Wars: Leia Ōjo no Shiren Manga on May 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyghtwynd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like this is an adapation of the Leia: Princess of Alderaan novel by Claudia Gray
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Possibly a adaption, Japanese stories struck me being their own thing.

I don't recall her ever becoming a Queen. Since they become one early, it's possible.

However, i thought Naboo was only ones who cycled Teenagers as Queens.

It's sort of same thing as Manga: Star Wars Lost Stars.

I'm not sure their considered canon, but it's really reALLY GOOD.
michaelarroyo01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Possibly a adaption, Japanese stories struck me being their own thing.

I don't recall her ever becoming a Queen. Since they become one early, it's possible.

However, i thought Naboo was only ones who cycled Teenagers as Queens.

It's sort of same thing as Manga: Star Wars Lost Stars.

I'm not sure their considered canon, but it's really reALLY GOOD.

This is canon. It’s an adaptation of Leia: Princess of Alderaan, a novel written by Claudia Gray, the same woman who wrote Lost Stars, which is also canon.

The novel revolves around Leia having to complete a series of trials in order to one day become Queen. At the same time, she becomes aware of her parents involvement in the Rebellion.

There are a lot of cool moments in the original novel, including a scene where Leia travels to Naboo.

Also, since the novel was written to get fans ready for The Last Jedi, there are references to the film, including a scene on the salt planet, Crait, and the first appearance of a young Vice Admiral Holdo.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Eh... at 16, Leia was already working with the Rebellion, though. We know this from Rebels (on screen > novels, always, according to canon rules, IIRC). Also, she looks way too old in that pic.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:42 am Reply with quote
I am with Nyghtwynd, this is literally the setup for the Claudia Gray book. It was a solid read (by that i mean audiobook) 7/10. Let´s see if this one won´t be as rushed as the other Gray adaption.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
michaelarroyo01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Eh... at 16, Leia was already working with the Rebellion, though. We know this from Rebels (on screen > novels, always, according to canon rules, IIRC). Also, she looks way too old in that pic.

Yeah, that was odd, but in the book, she was described as 16. I know in Rebels, she and Ezra are the same age, but apparently, by the time that episode of Rebels takes place, Ezra is over 16.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Ezra is 2 days older than Luke and Leia (as evidenced in Episode III, as Padme was there when Palpatine declared himself Emperor, and gave birth a couple days later).

We don't specifically know how old Ezra and Leia were in that episode, but they had to have been in the late 15-16 range. Ezra's birthday was halfway through Season 1, and though we never saw his birthday occur again, Season 2 at least starts fairly close to the end of Season 1. Theoretically, they could still be 15 (if Empire Day took place between Seasons 2 and 3 in the 6-month gap), but that still doesn't line up with the timeline for this novel. (According to the wikia, they are 15 when this occurs)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1