• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Isekai Quartet

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 03

I too forgot that aqua was a literal goddess, only to be reminded of that by tanya, the god hater.

Too bad this show did not come out next year, it would have been isekai quintet ; as mushoku tensei already got a crossover with rezero.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I really really enjoyed the first dubbed episode. But I wish they would dub at least parts of the OP and ED. I feel like an exception needs to be made to allow Funimation to get those at least partially dubbed.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Gray Lensman wrote:
I also imagine that Aqua's tendency to make boneheaded decisions might throw off Ainz's plans, since he is likely going to presume whoever he is fighting is competent, yet much less powerful. Aqua being the opposite in both ways should throw him for a loop.

Too bad the series' setting won't allow that concept to even be contemplated. Although the whole idiocy of Kuzuma's party is sure to throw off the more scheming characters a couple of times even if no battle is involved.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
I really really enjoyed the first dubbed episode. But I wish they would dub at least parts of the OP and ED. I feel like an exception needs to be made to allow Funimation to get those at least partially dubbed.

Dubbing songs has always had to wait until the home video release due to the inordinate amount of time and other resources needed to accomplish it. Simdubs can't afford it, at least for now.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
big questions like where the groups will go when they leave school will have to wait for another episode

lol, glad I'm not the only one wondering that.

This weeks episode was a bit weaker for me as Tanya is the only one of the four I haven't seen and don't have any interest in.

I wonder when Kazuma and Subaru are going to have any interaction considering they're the two most "normal" looking and fit right in to the setting. Maybe if Kazuma was still wearing his tracksuit? Laughing
michizure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 pm Reply with quote
The interaction I really want to see in this series is between Emilia and Megumin. I have every confidence that Takahashi Rie is capable of talking to herself at full speed, not breaking either character, and still not missing a beat.

The only other VA overlap appears to be Mare (from Overlord) and Puck (from Re:Zero). Both of them are fairly low key characters most of the time, but there might be an extra bit of comedy to be mined from Uchiyama Yumi as well.
JWagnesh8

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I have every confidence that Takahashi Rie is capable of talking to herself at full speed, not breaking either character, and still not missing a beat.

Yeah, I'd like to see her do that. That'd be awesome.

But what's Megumin going to do for the talent show? Blow everyone up?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Darkness talent was particularly good; the highlight of the episode for me.
consignia

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I'd enjoy this so much more if Skeletor-Mary Sue wasn't tainting my Re:Zero/Konosuba cross over. Even in a comedy series, the whole cast is falling over in love with him.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 pm Reply with quote
You should see the rections of some overlord fans; complaing that aqua (a goddess ) is actually stronger than ainz.

Quote:
Tanya ran the recruits for her battalion through a winter hell in an effort to get them to drop out (so she could delay going back to war), but to her consternation, all of them bore through it and qualified. Ironically, it's one of the main reasons why her unit is so effective.

well, at least this time they were not naked.
Key

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
I'd enjoy this so much more if Skeletor-Mary Sue wasn't tainting my Re:Zero/Konosuba cross over. Even in a comedy series, the whole cast is falling over in love with him.

Who outside of his normal circle of followers is "falling over in love with him"? Aqua has tried to take him out at least twice, multiple others have referred to him as a monster, and no one from another series has expressed anything more than cautious respect for him.

No, this series wouldn't be complete without Ains.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AholePony

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm Reply with quote
If the internet has taught me anything, it is that nerds are impossible to please. I thought this was a fantastic episode this week. I'd like to see something like a PE episode or something where they need to work together as a team or something and some competition would be nice.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Lol when Kazuma said, "Cocytus looks like General Winter." He totally does!

I'm not sure about the "top button" joke either, but my guess is that it has to do with giving the top button of your school uniform to your girlfriend (not much of a talent). Since his uniform style doesn't precisely have a top button, he apparently was going for the next best thing, the top button of his trousers. There may be other puns at work there though, or something altogether different.
consignia

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
consignia wrote:

Who outside of his normal circle of followers is "falling over in love with him"? Aqua has tried to take him out at least twice, multiple others have referred to him as a monster, and no one from another series has expressed anything more than cautious respect for him.

Everyone was fawning over his snow show. Even Aqua said something to the effect of "Not bad" with a grudging respect.

I am obviously using hyperbole in my statement, but I do feel the series is all the poorer for the inclusion of Overlord.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
Key wrote:
consignia wrote:

Everyone was fawning over his snow show. Even Aqua said something to the effect of "Not bad" with a grudging respect.

I am obviously using hyperbole in my statement, but I do feel the series is all the poorer for the inclusion of Overlord.

Glad to know you would straight face someone literally changing the weather right in front of you. Without Ainz and company this series is literally 25% less funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6