• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokudome Shinosuke

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A2chiya

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I am a new subscriber and am adding information to the RobiHachi encyclopedia page. I noticed the English spelling for Tokudome Shinosuke doesn't match the furigana/phonetic. Is this an editor-only action?

Here's what I mean...
Current: TOKUDOME Shinosuke
Kanji: 徳留 慎乃佑
Furigana: とくどめ しんのすけ — to-ku-do-me shin-no-suke
Hepburn: TOKUDOME Shinnosuke (note the second 'n' in his given name)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:37 am Reply with quote
A2chiya wrote:
Hi everyone! I am a new subscriber and am adding information to the RobiHachi encyclopedia page. I noticed the English spelling for Tokudome Shinosuke doesn't match the furigana/phonetic. Is this an editor-only action?

As an editor, I can't find a way to change it, though I've been inactive for several years. OTOH, his talent agency profile page (the source of the entry's image) backs up your point--it uses "TOKUDOME SHINNOSUKE".
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
Done tweaking the name. It's an editor-only action but should be available to all editors as "tweak name" on the person's page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Done tweaking the name. It's an editor-only action but should be available to all editors as "tweak name" on the person's page.

News to me... (and I can’t find it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Dan42 wrote:

News to me... (and I can’t find it)

Nor can I. Crying or Very sad
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Well damn me! I was convinced it was like the "minor edits" that every editor can do on other people's submissions. Well, now it's available to those who can merge people/companies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1