• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Feature: Your Score

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Don't suppose there'll be a way to make this show up in the Encyclopedia as well? Like add the star rating next to each episode of the reviewed shows.

Hmm, I'll see if I can work that in, but it might be difficult; the episode list for each anime is pretty different from the system for this new list.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Hmm, it shows I rated Cinderella Nine at 1 star, but I haven't seen any episodes of it. If I accidentally clicked on that while reading the Preview Guide, there's apparently no way to undo such an error. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Smile

I've thought of doing something about this before, but I'm not sure about how to represent it interface-wise, in a way that's unobtrusive yet accessible.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Does this go back to the beginning of user ratings? I only went back the the last couple of weeks of last season.

Yep, goes back all the way to 2015 for series that received ratings.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Is there a way to navigate to a specific week, other than "next" or "previous week"?

Hmm, at the moment there isn't, apart from editing the date in the url.

HawkAussie wrote:
I don't want to be that person in the room, but it almost sounds like the r/anime review system for that episode.

I'm not familiar with that; what is the r/anime review system?

keisuke7 wrote:
What about shows like Carole & Tuesday?

After consideration we've decided to include it (even though there's no english version available.)

Gina Szanboti wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And this is a stupid question, but where does this live once the New Feature article gets buried? By the link it seems to be in the Encyclopedia, but I don't see how to get here from there.

It's under New Anime

I wonder why it's there instead of the Encyclopedia menu, since the link shows that path.

I'll add a link in the Encyclopedia menu as well.

Joshua Zarate wrote:
Your Score is not showing up under New Anime on Mobile.

Will fix that.

Joshua Zarate wrote:
I’m asking, is there a way for mobile users to have the option between using the recent overhaul to viewing this website on mobile and browsing it before the changes were implemented? My iPhone 6 is the only option I have available to me to view this website nowadays and the mobile version is missing a couple of features for me to use compared to accessing it on a computer.

Which features are missing? The mobile menu should have enough links to access all features on ANN. Sometimes needing more clicks, but everything should be reachable.

Kougeru wrote:
Also, Bungou Stray Dogs is listed twice, once as S2 and once as S3.

Will fix that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I've added Carole & Tuesday, so with that we should have all the Spring anime of 10 minutes or more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Thanks! Apparently I'm the only person who voted. Also apparently either my vote doesn't count or people really hated it Laughing

relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I apologize if this was already mentioned, and maybe it would make it too similar to the Best and Worst of the Season So Far articles, but I think it would be a cool feature to have the shows reorganized in order of their scores. Or to possibly allow users to select between different ways of sorting them. Alphabetically, episode score by community, by reviewer score, by air date, etc.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Which features are missing? The mobile menu should have enough links to access all features on ANN. Sometimes needing more clicks, but everything should be reachable.

I bolded the above to emphasize my main issue with Mobile. For private messages, I can’t view the list of all the PMs I’ve sent out to others/all the PMs others have sent to me unless someone else sends a PM to me first. For my profile, I can’t view my own profile unless I make a post on a forum first. Speaking of my posts, selecting Forum directs me to the ANN index which has an option on the top right to view my posts, except it doesn’t lead me to my posts directly (something that viewing my own profile has a link to), only to the forums in which I posted in, which I then have to spend time and go through them to find the post I made. The Hide “Report a Problem” button doesn’t work at all on Mobile, no matter which site preferences I use, which leads me to this:

Quote:
To view the non-mobile version of ANN on a mobile, you should be able to select "request desktop site," or something similar in your mobile browser.

I don’t see this appearing for me on the Safari of my iPhone 6.

Speaking of using Safari on my iPhone 6, whenever I visit this site, the AutoFill Password setting I have activated doesn’t work correctly, because as soon as I click the option to automatically log-in, the site only fills the username section and not the password section, which is an issue that never happens on all the other sites I access on my phone.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:36 am Reply with quote
I was just noticing that episodes 2-4 of Afterlost have reviewer scores, but no reviews to read. Where are those scores coming from?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:59 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I was just noticing that episodes 2-4 of Afterlost have reviewer scores, but no reviews to read. Where are those scores coming from?

They're coming from ANN Français Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, I certainly wouldn't have guessed that. Smile

Are all the worldwide ANN sites' data included in the viewer scores then too? That'd be cool.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow, I genuinely didn't even know that ANN had reviews in French.
TexZero

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Bringing attention to this again.

This week Attack on Titan has 2 entries. TV 3/2018 and TV4/2019 but both cover the same episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 941 of Case Closed is listed as simulcast on 2019-05-18 07:30 EDT. Where? Crunchyroll doesn't have it. Someone has scored it, so it must be out there somewhere. Is this another one that's aired in France but not NA?

Btw, seeing as we're halfway or more through the season, I take it that this is replacing the Weekly Rankings tabulations? I had been under the impression this was in addition to that, but since there haven't been any summary graphs...
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 am Reply with quote
Case Closed is taking a 2-week break. Someone had already reported the discrepancy and I just applied the fix now. Basically we assume that episodes are at one-week intervals. If there's a break or recap or double episode, someone has to catch it.

The Weekly Rankings are coming back. This week I hope. It's just that this new method of recording votes is playing havoc with the ranking methodology and I have to revise several elements. Once I have this figured out we'll be able to run the rankings even more regularly.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
Thanks for all your hard work Dan
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I second that!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:06 pm Reply with quote
So now that we're nearing the end of the season, several series have already wrapped, but still have listings for new episodes. I assume that's automated and is perfectly understandable. They're easily ignored.

What's amusing is that more than one person (or they could not have viewer scores other than x.0 or x.5) are still rating these non-existent episodes that they can not have seen. Very Happy Kinda puts all the ratings in a different light...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3