• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNtv - 2008-01-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonasan
ANN Video Director & Producer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The audio quality still needs some work though.

I listened through the video again and it sounds pretty good. Check your speakers, especially if they are ones that come with your computer. Those are the worst. I'm always looking for ways to improve audio clarity, but there is a ceiling being that we are not CSPAN *yet* and can't buy a pair of $8,000 lavaliers. Wink
Tenchi Kaze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for the podcast versions of ANNtv to come out. Before this episode, I hadn't watched ANNtv since the first show, since it isn't convenient for me to have to only watch them on my computer, and only on my internet browser. As far as frequently updated audio and video content goes, I consume far more of it on iTunes and my iPod than anywhere else. This is mainly because I have a long commute to and from work that I tend to fill with podcasts, and also because the podcatching part of iTunes is just very convenient to use.

And I agree with everyone else about the outtakes reel. It really came out very funny when compiled like that. Poor girl, but at least she was a good sport about it. ^^

Last edited by Tenchi Kaze on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
vtnwesley wrote:
I guess all I have to say is "Don't be like G4TV". Substance needs to come first, and things like that little outtakes bit need to be kept to an extreme minimum.

Oh, I completely agree. Substance will always come first for us, though keep in mind this is a show about entertainment, so once we branch off into editorial content, expect a little more "fun." That said, I am actively steering clear of anything that screams, "look how witty our on-camera talent is!!!"

But hey, it was a slow week, and people seem to be enjoying it, so there's no harm in having a little fun once in a while. It's not like we shot that stuff on purpose.

Jonasan wrote:
I'm always looking for ways to improve audio clarity, but there is a ceiling being that we are not CSPAN *yet* and can't buy a pair of $8,000 lavaliers.

CSPAN?

billyarnie wrote:
1 error on graphics, IMO. I like the graphic behind the anchor indicating the type of story (Anime, Manga). However, on Mario's report of the Bandai DVD problems, shouldn't it have been DVD?

Good catch. Actually, that bothered me in post, but couldn't be helped; the backgrounds are only stills temporarily, since Andrew is still working on them (they'll be subtilely animated). Those are just the frames he pulled this week.

penguintruth wrote:
I feel bad for the anchors, having to stand up. Somebody get a table in there!

Hahaha. If you feel bad for anybody, feel bad for Jonasan, who has to load in tons of equipment and truck it into NYC traffic every week.
TheFly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Getting better every week. I loved the outtakes and I think fun things like this, and special features like the upcoming SOS Brigade interview, are what will make ANNtv worth watching (the news can after all be got much sooner from the main site).

On the audio, I did notice myself a minor echo on their voices. I don't know what sort of room you shoot in, but you might want to see if you can do something about the acoustics (assuming you can't afford better microphone equipment currently).
Asako

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh poor Ellie Anime hyper Don't worry!! mbueno sounded like he said Inukame and I immediately pictured a dog-turtle Shocked

"ARGH" is about all I can say about MAR and Hikaru no Go.
flip
Protoculture Addicts Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote
billyarnie wrote:
I missed your ANN.com ads. If the podcasts are now available on iTunes, you probably don't want to include ads... people get P.O'ed easily enough.

In the contrary. If it is available for free on iTunes, you want to include ads to help promote ANN (...and maybe PA and other products). Cool For my part, I really don't mind short ads in podcasts.

The news of the podcast being soon available on iTunes is great. Personally, I'd rather watch ANNtv on my Apple TV than on my computer.

Great job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Asako wrote:
Ahhh poor Ellie Anime hyper Don't worry!! mbueno sounded like he said Inukame and I immediately pictured a dog-turtle Shocked

I think Ellie might have mispronounced MAR as well, or at least that's not how Viz seems to pronounce it anyways. Oh well, I guess we can let that one go, it's not like it really matters anyways......

But man, sagashite, what a tongue twister! Laughing Try saying that 3 times fast! Anime dazed No wonder she had a hard time trying to say it, I'd have had a pretty hard time as well. Wink
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I dont think the initial web article included Full Moon amongst the Viz licensed shows going into hiatus.

I just got volume 7, guess it can join my 3 Higurashi disks, as well as Black Lagoon in a special limbo spot on my shelves.

Gewürtztraminer
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
This weeks' episode, was definately, a good step. I'm really amped to hear that it'll be on Itunes, as that means, somehow, I'll get it onto my PSP(Since both use MPEG-4) so I can watch it on the road.

Good Job!
championferret

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quote
Being the pronunciation nazi I am, I still think she pronounced it wrong. 'sagashtay'? Then again, if there were that many out-takes, I guess it was the best she could do? Laughing -not trying to be mean or anything, I just found that to be added humour on added humour-
Axe-336

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:20 am Reply with quote
Newtype-USA is done? I thought I'd read something like that, but thats too bad. I really enjoyed being tempted to buy each issue as it came out and caving in every four issues or so. I'll miss you on the Newstand Newtype-USA, PiQ will never replace you... In my heart.
fireball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Strange, i'm getting problems with this new issue i never had before. Video just stops after app. 4%. everytime i try to watch it. I'm using Firefox with the Adobe Flash video player plugin.
Gage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
That is strange since I'm using the same plug-in and browser as you are... I was going to suggest you should probably let it load then replay it. Same thing happens with YouTube videos. Video plays quicker than it loads thus causing freezing. Probably solved nothing but it's just a suggestion.
JNOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Will the podcasts on iTunes be free (with or without ads) or pay-per-download?
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Being the pronunciation nazi I am, I still think she pronounced it wrong. 'sagashtay'? Then again, if there were that many out-takes, I guess it was the best she could do? Laughing -not trying to be mean or anything, I just found that to be added humour on added humour-

'sagashtay' is pretty close to how it's supposed to be pronounced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3