• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Posts Emma Anime Trailer Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad it has a release date. I pre-ordered it last summer and wasn't sure when it would come out. Kudos to RS for publishing it. I'm in love with the manga and can't wait to see the anime.
darcerin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first 6 eps subbed and I *loved* it. I thought I was going to be bored, but I really enjoyed what I saw! I'm preordering it immediately.
dizzywulf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I'm excited about this one! \(Anime smile)/
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Trying to make up my mind to preorder or not... I liked the first season very much, but got kinda bored after a few eps of the second season. Still it does stand alone and is very unique. A very good series.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
I liked the anime (loved the manga though) but I want to hear what the dubbing is like before I think about buying. This is a show where the dub can be horrible or great, depending on how Right Stuf handles it.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote
mangaka-chan wrote:
I liked the anime (loved the manga though) but I want to hear what the dubbing is like before I think about buying. This is a show where the dub can be horrible or great, depending on how Right Stuf handles it.

There is no English dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nuaythebest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
mangaka-chan wrote:

There is no English dub.

It's sad to see an anime which base on old English culture(even all character are English) doesn't have an English dub .
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
There is no English dub.

There seems to be quite a bit of that going around lately. I didn't expect it from Right Stuf, though. Did they come in contact with anyone from Bandai Visual?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fightncomet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad I pre-ordered this when I heard the rumors about it at fanime. It's a nice tribute to fans when when a company puts their names in the special thanks section. It reminds of what Animeigo did for KOR fans for the initial release of the LD box sets. It's too bad they didn't keep the list of names for the DVD release, though.

Good job, Rightstuf! Keep it up!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
There is no English dub.

There seems to be quite a bit of that going around lately. I didn't expect it from Right Stuf, though. Did they come in contact with anyone from Bandai Visual?
Quite frankly I am a dedicated dub fan, but this is the only title that I would rather it wasn't dubbed with American VA's. If any anime deserves to be dubbed here in the UK only, or at least British VA's hired over to dub it, it's this one. American actors doing British accents is like fingernails on a blackboard to my ears. It never works. I would guess RightStuf felt the same way, but didn't have the budget to hire British VA's, or bring it here to dub it. Shame that as I know of an excellant audio dubbing facility that would love to have had the opportunity.
Zephire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quote
nuaythebest wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
mangaka-chan wrote:

There is no English dub.

It's sad to see an anime which base on old English culture(even all character are English) doesn't have an English dub .

I'm actually glad that they decided to sub it instead of dub it. If RS were to stay as true to the story and time period, they would not only have to find VA's that are either British or can do a natural sounding British accent, but also VA's that could speak in either upper class/ Queen's English and other VA's that could speak in common English. And then they'd have to find a person to pull off Hakim's Indian accent, and later the Molders' German accents.

Normally I don't care whether an anime gets dubbed or subbed (I just switch to the audio track I like more), but I wouldn't like to see such a great anime such as Emma get sub-par VA's or VA's that don't fit the character. Plus the time and cost in dubbing it would drive up the cost of the boxsets and also delay the releases.

I think RS is taking a bit of a risk with Emma, as well, since it's not exactly a genre that appeals to a large demographic, so they likely wanted to keep costs down. Wish I could pre-order it to let them know that one more person is interested, but they only ship within the US. Time to wait for Amazon to have it listed.

I think I'll stop now, as I may appear to be ranting a bit. I have a tendency to ramble on where Emma is concerned Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
It seems to me that the trailer is just the textless opening credits Anime hyper

Anyone know if 1,000 people have pre-ordered yet? I want to know if I should order now or later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zephire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
It seems to me that the trailer is just the textless opening credits Anime hyper

Yup. I was hoping for some sort of hint at what the sub was going to be like, or something that would try and capture a person's interest in the series, but oh well. Maybe when they get the rest of the site up, we'll get another trailer.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap...I just checked to see what the script writer mentioned in the article did in Princess Tutu, and she wrote a good half of my favorite episodes. I had been debating about seeing this series (I've been reading the manga and enjoy it, although I've recently been more in the mood for fantasy), but after seeing what Ikeda's credited with I might actually have to try to see this right away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ronolo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:

Anyone know if 1,000 people have pre-ordered yet? I want to know if I should order now or later.

Don't know. I did'nt hear that Emma was licensed until October. I hope I'm one of the first 1,000. I got my name in the special thanks for Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Having my name here as well would be great!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1