• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Kimagure Orange Road, Photon, Psybuster Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:33 am Reply with quote
Will the KOR OVAs be in HD? Still haven't heard of a release date for the OVA series and first movie on Blu-ray.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 am Reply with quote
THey haven't scheduled the OVAs and original movie for Blu ray release yet but they're coming...
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:38 am Reply with quote
yEs!
Now I can finally make people watch Kimagure! Twisted Evil
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
Photon: The Idiot Adventures is back from the dead? Talk about obscure...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Will the KOR OVAs be in HD? Still haven't heard of a release date for the OVA series and first movie on Blu-ray.

This article from this site states that.

"The company will release Kimagure Orange Road in two Blu-ray Disc sets, one covering the television series and one covering the OVAs and finale movie. Both will be in Japanese with subtitles."
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:13 am Reply with quote
These are old enough to be on film, but not that old enough to also be just on NTSC tape too. If it's the former the BluRay will be of benefit, however if it the latter not so much so. Still surprising that these rather old ttiles are getting a re-broadcast. And regardless of what the source masters may well be any disc transfer will replace my rather old, and showing it, VHS tapes of KOR. I won't mind 4:3 black curtains on the 16:9 screen. Wink
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am Reply with quote
I'm still confused as to how and why we went officially from CYBUSTER to PSYBUSTER after all these years.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I always wanted to watch KOR after all the good things I've heard about it over the years. I'm so excited so many Discotek titles are now on Crunchyroll.
one.night.bkk

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Any opportunity for more people to watch KoR is a good thing.
ragnawind

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
I'm still confused as to how and why we went officially from CYBUSTER to PSYBUSTER after all these years.

I would be interested to know why Discotek changed the spelling, period. Cybuster is the true spelling of the title, after all. Cybuster has also been the name used in ALL Super Robot Wars games that have been officially localized (OG1+2 on GBA, Moon Dwellers on PS4), and I believe it was also the name used in the SRW anime that was officially released by Bandai many years ago. All i'm completely sure about is that its name is derived from 5 words and related to New Age Spiritualism. The 5 words in particular include: cyber, psy, buster, b**tard, and star (used asterisks to censor a potentially offensive word). They might have just chosen to use psy instead of combining cyber and buster like everyone else before them.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed that The Adventures of the Little Prince is just going to be the dubbed version, and not the Japanese original* (of which ONE episode was posted on Discotek's YouTube channel). That's a step backwards. Just saying.

The two versions are different from each other. I think the Japanese version version is a more faithful adaptation of the book as opposed to the dub (which even says that it's based on the characters, and not the book itself).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1