• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files Anime Reveals Visual, July 6 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:10 am Reply with quote
I hope the original content explains gray's origins.
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this show looks gorgeous!
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I sure hope there is more to the show than feeling like a run-of-the-mill primetime mystery show you can find on any network TV channel. Undeniably, it looked/-s great, and maybe I could chalk it up to it just being "Episode 0", but then I remember how devoted ALDNOAH.ZERO and Sakurako's Beautiful Bones were to being so by-the-numbers and self-indulgent—and why I was wary of TROYCA's work, in the first place.

spoiler[I was also expecting Waver to not be so emotional and weak (still), but it appears the story takes place early in his tenure, so it's a little more understandable (and could still work in the story's favor). I was just really looking forward to seeing an older, hardened version of him…]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dragoon Luna

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
I sure hope there is more to the show than feeling like a run-of-the-mill primetime mystery show you can find on any network TV channel. Undeniably, it looked/-s great, and maybe I could chalk it up to it just being "Episode 0", but then I remember how devoted ALDNOAH.ZERO and Sakurako's Beautiful Bones were to being so by-the-numbers and self-indulgent—and why I was wary of TROYCA's work, in the first place.

spoiler[I was also expecting Waver to not be so emotional and weak (still), but it appears the story takes place early in his tenure, so it's a little more understandable (and could still work in the story's favor). I was just really looking forward to seeing an older, hardened version of him…]

I'm curious, what do you mean by by-the-numbers and self-indulgent in Sakurako's case?

spoiler[Also what do you mean by Waver being weak and emotional?]
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Case Files is currently my favorite Fate thing (can't wait for the final book to come out later this year).

I was honestly a bit surprised by the characters they chose to highlight in episode 0, because a lot of them aren't involved in the case the anime is covering. (They could be in the extra content it's supposed to include, but I can't see what they could do that wouldn't feel shoehorned in.)

I'm still not sure what I think about the decision to start with the third case (books 4 and 5). On the one hand, it is where the overarching plot starts moving in earnest. But on the other hand, there are a lot of characters and events from the previous two cases that become important in the final case, and because the books the anime is covering kick off the overarching plot, it won't have a real resolution unless they make at least one more season to cover the later books.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1