• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Made in Abyss: Wandering Twilight

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skooby00

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but IIRC the TV anime or the first two movies cover until around chapter 26 of the manga, or thereabouts. There are at least 50 chapters of the manga released. I may be slightly off with those numbers but they should be pretty close, and that implies there is plenty of content ready to adapt.

Yes, the anime ends with Chapter 26 but the next arc fits/paces perfectly for a movie which is why they made that decision and will probably wait for enough content/a fulfilling end-point for a Season 3.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, the toyota cars arc is pretty long, so the decision is good.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:31 am Reply with quote
skooby00 wrote:
AkumaChef wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but IIRC the TV anime or the first two movies cover until around chapter 26 of the manga, or thereabouts. There are at least 50 chapters of the manga released. I may be slightly off with those numbers but they should be pretty close, and that implies there is plenty of content ready to adapt.

Yes, the anime ends with Chapter 26 but the next arc fits/paces perfectly for a movie which is why they made that decision and will probably wait for enough content/a fulfilling end-point for a Season 3.

You're not wrong about the pacing of the next arc being good for a movie. And a movie also makes a lot more sense than a TV season given the more extreme nature of the content of that arc. But from what I have read of the manga (I stopped somewhere in the late 40's, I don't recall the exact chapter) there is plenty of content for beyond the next movie. The 3rd movie will presumably wrap things up with Bondrewd, there's still a lot more manga that takes place after that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2