• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Granbelm Original Anime Reveals TV Ad, 5 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:19 am Reply with quote
I saw the First 10 minutes of Episode 1 and I liked what I saw, the animation is very good even more considering that they are 2D wicks when today they almost always do them in CGI, although Re:Zero is not my type of anime I must admit that the designs They were very beautiful, although here I still do not see a girl that I like excessively, but unfortunately I know it will not be as popular as Re:Zero due to the lack of male self-insert.
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 am Reply with quote
Kitsu Kyouno wrote:
I saw the First 10 minutes of Episode 1 and I liked what I saw, the animation is very good even more considering that they are 2D wicks when today they almost always do them in CGI, although Re:Zero is not my type of anime I must admit that the designs They were very beautiful, although here I still do not see a girl that I like excessively, but unfortunately I know it will not be as popular as Re:Zero due to the lack of male self-insert.

Speaking as someone who has watched the show if anything is gonna kneecap Granblem potential popularity it is certainly not going to be that. Subaru one of least self-insert-Ike characters in anime. At least no more than you will see in this show.

Anyway the show continues to look good, but that all I can say about it.
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:59 am Reply with quote
Kitsu Kyouno wrote:
but unfortunately I know it will not be as popular as Re:Zero due to the lack of male self-insert.

It's Mecha, people outside of Japan automatically discard anything Mecha. I have a feeling this might sell well, Kouya no Kotobuki was a niche show last season outside of Japan but it's selling pretty well in Japan.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Man, just from one picture of one character you can tell this was by the same director who did Re:zero.

Kitsu Kyouno wrote:
but unfortunately I know it will not be as popular as Re:Zero due to the lack of male self-insert.

Eh? Tons of female-lead anime are crazy big hits. Even Re:Zero's most popular character is the definitely female Rem.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 pm Reply with quote
@Iron Maw he is an otaku neet who goes to another world with magic where he is surrounded by beautiful girls and even allows him to live in a mansion and can become his hero thanks to his power, really the excess of violence and suffering does not take away the base, it is a complete intruder in a story where his participation is only to defend Emilia from her own affairs.

@deviljho0001 There are very popular Mecha example the code geass, gurren lagann, evangelion and darling in the franxx that was a phenomenon basically for the girl.

@ThrowMeOut I think you do not understand the point of what I say, I do not mean a female character co-star as Rem, I mean a girl who is exclusively the protagonist and not just the partner of a guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1