Forum - View topic
What are you reading right now? Why?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terrible90sDub
Get off my lawn!Get off my lawn!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm finally reading Vinland Saga, and I can easily see why it's so highly acclaimed. Thanks to its length, I still have several volumes to go, but unless something drastically changes later, it's already one of my favorite manga. I'm a sucker for stories focused on character development, and I appreciate the themes as well as the amount of historical data that went into it.

Seeing how an anime was announced, I can't wait to see which voice actors they pick for some of the characters, especially Canute.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm reading Evergreen. The story being from Toradora's author caught my interest. The characters are really likeable. Niki is a really fun character in particular, I like her goofiness and expressiveness. The art also makes everything really easy to read and follow, the character designs are nice and the various expressions the characters make are cute and funny. I'm really liking it so far.
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:08 pm Reply with quote
@Cam0

I really enjoyed Evergreen. However I'm still trying to figure out where she put all that hair while swimming. I suspect an extra dimensional swim cap.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Finished Evergreen and overall I really enjoyed it. I feel like it ended a bit too abruptly. It needed a bit longer epilogue to have a more satisfying ending.

Alan45 wrote:
However I'm still trying to figure out where she put all that hair while swimming. I suspect an extra dimensional swim cap.

Yeah, I dunno either. Maybe someone serious about swimming who also has butt length hair could enlighten us. hehe.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
phia_one wrote:
Stumbled upon a series called Harem Days: The Seven Starred Country. It's released by Bookwalker so it's digital only. It's a shame because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this series. It hasn't been completely translated yet, but the series is complete at 14 volumes.
The closet thing I can compare to is The Story of Saiunkoku.

Yes! I'm so glad someone else is reading this, and I whole-heartedly agree that it's very much got a Saiunkoku feel to it. I admit to some concern that they won't finish the translation, as happened with Love Me, My Knight, but the recent release of volume four assuaged my fear somewhat.

Nice to see someone else knows about it! I can't help but feel that if there was a physical release it would do well. Although that could be just wishful thinking on my part...
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Read Chio's School Road after enjoying the anime. I laugh my ass off almost every chapter. However, the biggest flaw the series has is Madoka whose shtick is "I love groping girls!" Aside from that, the comedy works well for the most part since I actually like the characters. That, and video game references.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain HunterBargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
Read Chio's School Road after enjoying the anime. I laugh my ass off almost every chapter. However, the biggest flaw the series has is Madoka whose shtick is "I love groping girls!" Aside from that, the comedy works well for the most part since I actually like the characters. That, and video game references.

Well, the writer did come out of hentai comics. Being curious- I looked up some of those and a couple are obvious precursors and VERY WRONG!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
#Hristov

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Uzumaki by Junju Ito. The reason why I picked it up was because I was really interested in how a simple thing such as a "spiral" could be used abstractly and create a whole horror story from it. So far I'm in the middle of it. The art is great and the story feels like you are having a weird dream / nightmare.
mariopepper

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:55 am Reply with quote
It helps to expand mind borders I suppose
alexsandro22

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I am reading murder misteries of Aghata Cristie.. I like this genre. I must confess reading theese books also helps me a lot with my writing tasks. I used to get help when I'm useless at all, www.papersowl.com if you are interested in. I have already read two books of hers and I suppose I improved my skills in any possible way..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 151 of 151