• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to Release Inuyasha Anime on Blu-ray Disc This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:11 am Reply with quote
Curious if the cel-animated episodes are going to be remastered, probably not as no JP BDs exist for the series, so it'll probably be VIZ's own upscale, hard to get excited about that.
DirtyCircle wrote:
MAISON IKKOKU better be next after the INUYASHA blu-rays and the URUSEI YATSURA omnibus releases.
VIZ likely won't touch Maison Ikkoku ever again, it bombed hard for them.
animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-03-27/.86371 (2nd question)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:56 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
DirtyCircle wrote:
MAISON IKKOKU better be next after the INUYASHA blu-rays and the URUSEI YATSURA omnibus releases.

Although there's an asterisk on that statistic, as Viz was still going by their old traumas over the 2-episode VHS (VHS?? Confused ) sales which were tanking at the beginning of the DVD 90's, which made them afraid to even dub the remaining series episodes years later with a different cast.
And the DVD sets were "slow" sellers, considering they weren't sold anywhere but Amazon, RightStuf and Viz's own website...How many would sell their own grandmother if they discovered a used copy of Box 6 still existed??

Viz wanted to create a story, and the more fans repeat it without doing their homework, the more Viz has WON. Mad

(Although if they want to put it off until they acquire/dub UY on the basis of the manga sales, that's forgivable too.)
marek1712

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:05 am Reply with quote
DirtyCircle wrote:
I've still yet to watch a single episode so hopefully, I'll be able to buy as these are released. I hadn't seen RANMA when Viz released that but now enjoying it as I do, I really need to go and buy those sets too.

Fellow man of culture! I've just recently watched MI and it instantly jumped to the list of my all-time favorites (I think I like it even more than Inuyasha). Sucks that Rumiko Takahashi isn't willing to pen another realistic series (only martial arts and magic).

BigOnAnime wrote:

Argh, then I hope Discotek will take it...

Back to the topic. Inuyasha on BD... My poor wallet isn't ready Sad
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quote
marek1712 wrote:
DirtyCircle wrote:
I've still yet to watch a single episode so hopefully, I'll be able to buy as these are released. I hadn't seen RANMA when Viz released that but now enjoying it as I do, I really need to go and buy those sets too.

Fellow man of culture! I've just recently watched MI and it instantly jumped to the list of my all-time favorites (I think I like it even more than Inuyasha). Sucks that Rumiko Takahashi isn't willing to pen another realistic series (only martial arts and magic).

BigOnAnime wrote:

Argh, then I hope Discotek will take it...

That really sucks it bombed so hard. I've been tempted to go on eBay and order the manga as it was released here but it'd cost something like $200. It seems like Marek and myself, when MAISON IKKOKU is brought up, the fans really love it. I wonder if there has ever been a in-depth poll about Rumiko's works and how all series stack against each other and why.
skaly

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:00 pm Reply with quote
What are the chances that they got the music rights for the first opening?
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:16 am Reply with quote
skaly wrote:
What are the chances that they got the music rights for the first opening?

Probably none and the same goes for the other songs in the show performed by V6 and Tackey & Tsubasa.
marek1712

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:19 am Reply with quote
How come OP/ED songs get separate licenses from the show? It's beyond my head.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:04 am Reply with quote
marek1712 wrote:
How come OP/ED songs get separate licenses from the show? It's beyond my head.

It doesn't happen a lot, but if the record label on the production committee either doesn't want to allow it or wants too much money, it can happen. Funimation only used the Japanese OP for Eden of the East because of that. It seems to come from some idea of making the band a bigger international presence.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
Will it look better than the Sailor Moon BDs? Even if they get HD rescans of the first 98 episodes, the quality's gonna drop for the rest of the show because it supposedly never existed in HD.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for this and eventually naruto part 1 blu ray. These two shows in addition to the bleach blu rays and the death note complete blu ray set are the golden years of Viz and my childhood.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2