• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:11 am Reply with quote
Okay but

How is Bucciarati able to spoiler[bite his lip so hard that blood was drawn when clearly the last few episodes made a point that he had cuts in places of his body but wasn't bleeding at all?]

While I was in animourning, that stuck out to me.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:22 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Okay but

How is Bucciarati able to spoiler[bite his lip so hard that blood was drawn when clearly the last few episodes made a point that he had cuts in places of his body but wasn't bleeding at all?]

While I was in animourning, that stuck out to me.

Well. Trish noticed his big cut on one episode and saw he can still bleed, but just not a lot.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:08 am Reply with quote
Just watched the latest ep today.

ABBACCIO!!!!!!!! T__________T
MalcolmBelmont

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Harsh Review and i don't really agree with it but it's Sam's opinion.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. My guess was this episode would get a 4-5 ratings. Didn't know the majority of the community hated the episode. Then again, I don't analyze so I don't really get why it's such an abysmal episode to most.

I really enjoyed the horrifying intro to Cioccolata and how he even makes Diavolo uncomfortable, Also, the way his Stand works (its name is laughably bad though) is really unique.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Cioccolata has been foreshadowed since episode 10 with the La Squadra flashback. He's the one that killed Sorbet and Gelato. I don't think it should be surprising that Diavolo had a couple more elite guards on his side.

I'm also not seeing where the retcon of the arrow's origin is here? Whether you like the explanation of how the arrows came to be is one thing, but since it was never explained to us until now, you cannot call it a retcon. Nothing from previous episodes or parts were changed to give us this origin story.

As for the mystery man, not much to say here, just wait and see. Funny enough, ANN actually spoiled who it was in an article a few days ago.

Anyway, this is my favorite fight from the manga, so hopefully DP can do it justice. It's probably going to be a 3-parter too, so buckle up.

Dicku-kun wrote:
Whoa. My guess was this episode would get a 4-5 ratings. Didn't know the majority of the community hated the episode. Then again, I don't analyze so I don't really get why it's such an abysmal episode to most.

They didn't. Green Day and Oasis has been a fight the JoJo community has been eagerly awaiting pretty much since the adaptation started. It's up there with the Grateful Dead, White Album, and Metallica fights for a lot of people.
squirrelmecha-2.0

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:11 pm Reply with quote
GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD,GOOD, GOOD.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I’ve watched the scene between Giorno and Bruno in the car so many times man. It’s so beautiful, the art for it, the way the lighting is used, the music, Yuichi Nakamura’s fantastic voice acting. It’s so gooooood.
I even liked the way the censorship of Bruno’s wound was used, and then when he takes a close look at it, it’s uncensored and we are just how badly injured he is, but he never even realized.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:10 pm Reply with quote
If Sam is not feeling the Green Day and Oasis battle which in my mind is the last truly great bit of Part 5 then I can only imagine how he'll react about the finale.
ChestPains

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:55 pm Reply with quote
WRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY/10
Merida

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
We know by this point that Cioccolata's dead, so this turns into a surprisingly bittersweet scene as Secco listens to his dead boss give him instructions, ending the message with "I love you."

While i have mixed feelings about the series fondness for hinting at its villains being gay just to kill them off immediately in the most gruesome ways possible, Cioccolata's and Secco's relationship was strangely poignant for a pair of mad psycho killers. Sad
eekin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
Quote:
We know by this point that Cioccolata's dead, so this turns into a surprisingly bittersweet scene as Secco listens to his dead boss give him instructions, ending the message with "I love you."

While i have mixed feelings about the series fondness for hinting at its villains being gay just to kill them off immediately in the most gruesome ways possible, Cioccolata's and Secco's relationship was strangely poignant for a pair of mad psycho killers. Sad

I couldn't imagine that Ciocolata was "in love" with Secco. I interpreted his "I love you" not as a romantic love, but as someone who "loves" their pet/property. Given the way he treated Secco there's no way he saw Secco more than his pet.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:26 pm Reply with quote
eekin wrote:
Merida wrote:

I couldn't imagine that Ciocolata was "in love" with Secco. I interpreted his "I love you" not as a romantic love, but as someone who "loves" their pet/property. Given the way he treated Secco there's no way he saw Secco more than his pet.

Well, some people are romantically in love with their pets/property and we are talking about JoJo here, so anything goes... Wink And Secco seemed to definitely enjoy being treated as a pet (while i'm sure Cioccolata enjoyed treating him like that), so i'd consider this a mutually beneficial relationship...but you are certainly free to interpret it any way you like, of course. Smile
eekin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
eekin wrote:
Merida wrote:

Well, some people are romantically in love with their pets/property and we are talking about JoJo here, so anything goes... Wink And Secco seemed to definitely enjoy being treated as a pet (while i'm sure Cioccolata enjoyed treating him like that), so i'd consider this a mutually beneficial relationship...but you are certainly free to interpret it any way you like, of course. Smile

True, in my ignorance I may have been "kinkshaming" lol.
spoiler[In my defense, I have read the manga, so I do have foresight into what come next. Which I won't spoil even with these tags; I just wasn't' sure if my previous sentence would be considered a spoiler.]
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
So the episode has not been delayed? it's just that for me, episode 32 is not showing up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 14