• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium Gets New Anime Project Centering on Kumiko's 3rd Year in High School

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:41 pm Reply with quote
@killjoy_the, Punch Drunk Marc, Millhi
Now that the article has been edited, it might be a good idea for you to edit your comments (I had already been spoiled by Twitter before reading them).

meiam wrote:
Well the story made it clear that they were supposed to get together (although they never even bothered to build that up, if anything they went out of there way to establish that the two had 0 chemistry together). It really seem like that come from a major disconnect between the anime and the LN.
About the only notable difference between the TV anime's and the corresponding novels' portrayal of Kumiko and Shuuichi's dynamic is the fact that the anime doesn't explicitly mention them being in a relationship during the epilogue. Otherwise it had just as little buildup and was just as much of a non-sequitur, at least as far as the main three novels go (some side stories apparently develop it a little more).
nDroae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quote
If anyone who's read the new novels can just go ahead and spoil who ends up with whom (in spoiler text, obviously), please do so. I know a lot of people are sick way beyond death of dealing with that in this story. And if I had to guess, my first guess would be no one ends up with anyone.
zenbud

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:32 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
If anyone who's read the new novels can just go ahead and spoil who ends up with whom (in spoiler text, obviously), please do so. I know a lot of people are sick way beyond death of dealing with that in this story. And if I had to guess, my first guess would be no one ends up with anyone.

We don't know as the novels just got out. The only ones which are obvious to get an ending together are Kumiko and Shuichi.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:
Did I miss something or is this just a pretty big spoiler

I just used your post to generate a report to the moderators. I asked they remove that reveal from the article text.

For reference, moderators are not news staff so we actually don't have the ability to edit article texts here. Either commenting on the forum or sending an email to ANN can get their attention though (and I see now the article has a spoiler warning before the spoiler.)

That said, there are a bunch of posts with untagged spoilers in this thread now that I'm gonna edit tags into.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2