• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/Grand Order iOS Version Falls Out of Top 50 Sales Ranking For 1st Time Since Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Making a big deal out of nothing. They simply didn't have a banner up. Pretty much nobody whips out the credit card for the story banner. Everything on there is older so whales already have it, and most people with limited budgets will wait for rate up banners.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Making a big deal out of nothing. They simply didn't have a banner up. Pretty much nobody whips out the credit card for the story banner. Everything on there is older so whales already have it, and most people with limited budgets will wait for rate up banners.

Yup, and for the longest time they kept pushing back LB4 so some people, like myself, didn't swipe the card out of spite. :V
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
This may convince them to not have such large delays between the story chapters. My favorite part of FGO is the story, and having 180+ days between story chapters would be a huge drag.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Summer event incomming, in before 1st again with a large margin.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
This may convince them to not have such large delays between the story chapters. My favorite part of FGO is the story, and having 180+ days between story chapters would be a huge drag.

That too, but they could have just put one of the servants on a banner which hasn't been featured in years. I'm sure Nero Bride or Merlin during that time period would have stopped them from dropping under 50 easily.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
But with Lostbelt 4 (Yuga Kshetra) getting a pre-release campaign just a while ago, the decline may end up being temporary.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Summer event won't be until August.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 pm Reply with quote
It shouldn't be surprising, we've basically had 3 dead weeks and counting with no good banners. Idk what DW is doing, but since the case files event, FGO JP has been boring as hell.
ChestPains

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:35 am Reply with quote
Of course sales dropped if there's nothing TO sell.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 am Reply with quote
*checks the FGO banner* it was an Altera rate up banner period, that is to say a rather generic BAIT banner that most paying players don't care about. Summer is around the corner and most players either Roll for overpowered units or their favorite Waifu.
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
T.Silver wrote:
It shouldn't be surprising, we've basically had 3 dead weeks and counting with no good banners. Idk what DW is doing, but since the case files event, FGO JP has been boring as hell.

Dead weaks mean nothing to revenue, but the absence of good banner(s) would cause those dips. The situation improved with Li/Okki banner, but it's still not the bait whales are waiting for. Okki is non-limit servant that most of people already summoned and Li were already twice on rate up since his release in January. And people already know that LB4 is coming soon, so a few people would spend money till LB 4 banner release.
And if this would be the Camelot/Babylonia case, when the long waiting resulted in a great/deep story, I wouldn't mind if type-moon would take another 180 days to write LB 5. Seriously, I hope that LB 4 would show a great development of Karna/Arjuna/Rama characters.

P.s. Either way, in the end overall revenue of FGO would be still impressive.

Vaisaga wrote:
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Summer event won't be until August.

Summer 2018 re-run would earn a lot of money as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1