• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Reincarnated as a Sword eBook 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:44 pm Reply with quote
The adventures of Sword Dad are great.
SayuriUliana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Ah, one of my absolute favorite of the modern isekai crop, mainly due to adorable murderhobo catgirl Fran being the true protagonist of the story despite Teacher being the viewpoint character.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 am Reply with quote
This one is actually good and not your shitty harem tripe. Hope it can get an anime someday.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
spoiler: they have sex and then get married later.

Just kidding;
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
This actually started being serialised on the web before the vending machine one that I know if, although the first novels for both came out the same day.

As an aside, all three of Tanaka's Syosetu novels have been picked up by publishers and, last I checked, two also had manga adaptations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kotomikun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fran is multiple degrees of walking cliché

The part in the synopsis about her being an enslaved catgirl kinda gave that away already.

I can't see myself reading this, but it does make Shield Hero feel like a missed opportunity. (Or more of one, I guess.) Might have been more interesting if sword-man didn't have telekinesis (but still had telepathy or some way to communicate); being able to move and kill bad guys on his own somewhat defeats the purpose of "I was reincarnated as an inanimate object."
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 am Reply with quote
A fair review; i actually found that part in the beginning, where the sword is just wandering around and leveling up, to be excruciatingly boring. I'll probably buy the next few volumes to see where it goes, and hopefully the writing and pacing improves.

The manga for this is licensed as well, and i encourage anyone interested in this story, or anyone who's read this volume, to check it out when it's released. from what I've read, I actually enjoy the manga of this story. The pacing is improved, and the action is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/Reincarnated-Sword-Manga-Vol-Tanaka/dp/1642757551/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=reincarnated+as+a+sword+manga&qid=1560349684&s=gateway&sr=8-2
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1