• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto Manga Transfers to V Jump Magazine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:19 am Reply with quote
If manga takes 35 chapters to reveal something interesting, it's a pretty bad manga (only exception is Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but Both to has 40 pages instead of 20, so...).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:35 am Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
If manga takes 35 chapters to reveal something interesting, it's a pretty bad manga (only exception is Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but Both to has 40 pages instead of 20, so...).

Except two things Boruto is/was serialized monthly, whereas Reborn was weekly and didn't even get a proper plot until chapters later.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:48 am Reply with quote
It's too bad the Boruto manga doesn't seem to be doing that well when the anime still seems to be doing decently. I wonder if Boruto would be doing better if Kishimoto was still involved in the series like how Toriyama is still involved with Dragon Ball Super even though he doesn't draw manga anymore.
quabojones22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:23 pm Reply with quote
can we still read it on the WSJ website or not?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:48 pm Reply with quote
^There's been no mention of its license changing, and the Shonen Jump app/site also simulpubs Dragonball Super which runs in V Jump, so I don't think anything will change there.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
It's too bad the Boruto manga doesn't seem to be doing that well when the anime still seems to be doing decently. I wonder if Boruto would be doing better if Kishimoto was still involved in the series like how Toriyama is still involved with Dragon Ball Super even though he doesn't draw manga anymore.

The manga comes out too slow for me to really get into it. The anime being weekly helps a lot. Although I always assumed the anime was more canon than the manga was considering how different they can be. The manga even added Sumire into it after she got popular in the anime.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:17 pm Reply with quote
What’s amazing is that this months chalter was the most fastest paced one in the entire series yet. Multiple stuff actually happened in the span of one chapter.

Huh guess they already are adapting to the change. Good cause my God can this manga be a total snooze fest due to its glacial pacing.
Bullza

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
So the big news was that it was demoted to a secondary magazine which will now cause any future manga sales to be far lower than what they already are.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Had it been another work, they would have axed it, so the anime's ratings got to be very good to keep it alive....
Maybe Shueisha will boost Hachimaru now?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:54 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
It's too bad the Boruto manga doesn't seem to be doing that well when the anime still seems to be doing decently. I wonder if Boruto would be doing better if Kishimoto was still involved in the series like how Toriyama is still involved with Dragon Ball Super even though he doesn't draw manga anymore/

Considering Kishimoto's issues with the original manga?

I don't think so.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:27 pm Reply with quote
does that mean its going weekly?

honestly i don't get how monthly mangas survive these days, way too long between release dates and way less content per month.
miraclekid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Except he is involved? He is listed as the editorial supervisor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1