• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII Remake Game Releases on March 3, 2020 Worldwide

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:29 pm Reply with quote
whelp...2020 is gonna be costly...and the announcements aren't even close too being over yet :p
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:34 pm Reply with quote
That's way sooner then I would have thought. As much as I want to play the game I'll be waiting on it. It's either this or Cyberpunk and only one of these games has Keanu Reeves.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:44 pm Reply with quote
hmmm..it doesn't say "part 1" anywhere...that's interesting.

Gameplay honestly looks bad to me :\ this kinda killed me hype lol
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Still no footage outside Midgar or even the opening 2 hours. I would be shocked if SE can get this "series" done as even a cross-generational trilogy if this goes on. Barret´s redesign and the way Cloud painted with the buster sword during the Cross-Slash was about the only part I liked, outside of the score.
There is no way I won´t get the game but it will be via a library copy a month after release unless SE starts convincing me that there is a game worth playing behind the slight uneven production values. Cough FFXIII-I cough.

Edit: I fully believe that the date will stick, due to this being a "partial release". Or whatever this is. Most of the concert was conducted via MIDI files btw. Never change SE, never change.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 pm Reply with quote
-Sees Sephiroth-

Uh, Square, one of the big reasons Sephiroth made such a splash was because of mystique. You didn't see him for the entirety of Midgar, he was basically ethereal. It's why his intro is so disturbing and memorable.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:40 am Reply with quote
I think you guys should accept that there will be a lot of things different with this Remake, which will also reimagine a lot of things and scenes and order of events.

Also this is probably just the release date for Part 1.

We'll know soon when SE's press conference happens later on.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:52 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
-Sees Sephiroth-

Uh, Square, one of the big reasons Sephiroth made such a splash was because of mystique. You didn't see him for the entirety of Midgar, he was basically ethereal. It's why his intro is so disturbing and memorable.

So they shouldn't have shown him in any footage eventhough pretty much everyone and their mother already knows who he is, what he looks like, and even what his theme song is?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:40 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
I think you guys should accept that there will be a lot of things different with this Remake, which will also reimagine a lot of things and scenes and order of events.

Also this is probably just the release date for Part 1.

We'll know soon when SE's press conference happens later on.

Acknowledge is different from accepting. Yeah, I know that'll probably be the case, but that doesn't mean they're good ideas. And with Nomura's retcons to the series getting to the point where people have basically begged him NOT to reference anything beyond the original game, this has an uphill people to convince anyone it was a good idea.
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 am Reply with quote
When they prioritize showing flippin Heidegger in a trailer over one of the most iconic Final Fantasy characters and the leading lady. How they handle Tifa is going to be my deciding factor in if I bother with this remake or not.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:35 am Reply with quote
I'd be a lot more optimistic for this if Square-Enix had developed a single great Final Fantasy game, or even just a single good one in the last decade. Ah well. If nothing else, I'm sure it will be a very expensive and pretty-looking mess.
varmintx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
I'd be a lot more optimistic for this if Square-Enix had developed a single great Final Fantasy game, or even just a single good one in the last decade.

Released 2 years ago; 89 on Metacritic. But, I'm sure you're going to say, "It doesn't count."
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:39 am Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
Fluwm wrote:
I'd be a lot more optimistic for this if Square-Enix had developed a single great Final Fantasy game, or even just a single good one in the last decade.

Released 2 years ago; 89 on Metacritic. But, I'm sure you're going to say, "It doesn't count."

I mean, FF13 got 83 metacritic, I think it's clear review are 90% graphic and they pay no attention to gameplay, story, character and all that.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:03 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
varmintx wrote:
Fluwm wrote:

I mean, FF13 got 83 metacritic, I think it's clear review are 90% graphic and they pay no attention to gameplay, story, character and all that.

Final Fantasy XIV is not a game with graphics even comparable to the modern offline titles. The game is also constantly praised for its story, lore and presentation. This very much contradicts your reasoning.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
meiam wrote:
varmintx wrote:
Fluwm wrote:

Final Fantasy XIV is not a game with graphics even comparable to the modern offline titles. The game is also constantly praised for its story, lore and presentation. This very much contradicts your reasoning.

Eh, I personally wouldn't compare a MMO to a standalone title, and certainly not this one. Ya the storyline is good, but the game and gameplay have its own problems from time to time. The difference is they update and patch the issues reguraly.

Also keeping in mind the first FF 14 was so bad they literally destroyed the world and rebuilt it.

Edit: Also 14 is older then 2 years, and I see that was on a expansion pack that was... Eh it was stronger then Heavensward.
methedemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I can't get excited for this remake for couple of reasons. First, the "multi part" thing is very unappealing to me. Second, the gameplay looks boring, I would have preferred they stayed true to FFVII's original combat system.Oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2