• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo Screens Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
I am hoping they won't premiere an uncut one, but simply a dubbed version one. Hopefully, i am looking foward to the dubbed version, it should be named Mewtwo Strikes Back Reboot for the dub.
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I’m hoping it’ll be subtitled or dubbed
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:07 pm Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:
I’m hoping it’ll be subtitled or dubbed

I am still thinking it will be dubbed, that's for sure. I am hoping TPCi is dubbing it right now after the premiere.
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I am hoping they won't premiere an uncut one, but simply a dubbed version one. Hopefully, i am looking foward to the dubbed version, it should be named Mewtwo Strikes Back Reboot for the dub.

But the official title of the US version is "Pokemon: The First Movie". America never used "Mewtwo Strikes Back"
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Commander Cluck wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

But the official title of the US version is "Pokemon: The First Movie". America never used "Mewtwo Strikes Back"

I am still considering it the name Mewtwo Strikes Back Reboot as a perfect choice. What do you guys think about it.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:37 pm Reply with quote
There's no way it's dubbed. Why would they invite Rica and the directors all the way from Japan to watch a cut up, poorly acted version of their movie. Not to mention this happens a week before the movie premieres in Japanese theaters and the english dubs of the movies are never done that quick.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
There's no way it's dubbed. Why would they invite Rica and the directors all the way from Japan to watch a cut up, poorly acted version of their movie. Not to mention this happens a week before the movie premieres in Japanese theaters and the english dubs of the movies are never done that quick.

I am sure TPCi are already dubbing this move in English right now, they are likely to have started this before the premiere. Who knows on if this film gets dubbed or it will be subbed, the answer remains definitely unclear. Confused
Steve Minecraft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

Never say never. They've dubbed the films fairly fast and aired them on TV before the Japanese BD release which has been a bit annoying for fansub watchers. It's always possible it's already dubbed.

But it would be funny if this ends up being the first official subtitled release of a Pokemon product. They'll probably use dubtitles if it is, though
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
The dubs of the last two movies were dubbed pretty faithfully and The Power of Us even kept the Japanese music. It would be great if it was the Japanese version but I wouldn't get your hopes up for an English subtitled release until it actually happens.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Commander Cluck wrote:

"Never"? It's what's shown on the movie's title card... Same as how the second movie had "Pokémon 2000" on the cover yet the title shown in the movie itself was "The Power of One".
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:
The dubs of the last two movies were dubbed pretty faithfully and The Power of Us even kept the Japanese music. It would be great if it was the Japanese version but I wouldn't get your hopes up for an English subtitled release until it actually happens.

I'm not holding my breath for a Japanese release I just think this particular showing is the original language dub.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Maybe when they dub this into English, they won't miss the actual moral of the movie and make up one of their own this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JRPictures

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:22 am Reply with quote
Anime Expo's Twitter account confirmed the premiere will be subbed, just so you all know.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
JRPictures wrote:
Anime Expo's Twitter account confirmed the premiere will be subbed, just so you all know.

Oh no, it can't be!?!?!?!?! Surprised
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
JRPictures wrote:

Oh no, it can't be!?!?!?!?! Surprised

Yup I was right after all!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2