• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Isekai Quartet

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I recently rewatched Re:Zero and I don't remember there being anything about Reinhard being as powerful as Subaru made him out to be. I don't even remember any mention of "divine protection" though I might have just missed it. So spoilers, I guess.

This isn't really information that's ever brought up in the main series itself, at least as far as the original web novel goes. You would only know this from Q&As and stuff like that, which the author does a lot of.

Divine protections in relation to Reinhard were brought up in the chibi series Re:Zero Break Time at the very least. I don't think very many people watched that though.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure note 1 for this week (ep 10) is a spoiler =/
I didn't remember that being revealed in the anime, so did a little digging. The anime only covers the first four novels and that info was revealed in eighth novel, so unless they added that info earlier (and I forgot, which could be, I haven't watched it since it aired (R1 BDs when?)) then this fact is/was unknown for those who have only watched the series as opposed to read it.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm Reply with quote
As usual, I'm late to the party! Finally broke down and got a Crunchy subscription, in part because of the buzz around this series (that, and I just have to judge Senko-san for myself).

I've binged Isekai Quartet over the last couple of days, and am not disappointed! Though I've seen nothing of Konosuba (or cour 3 of Overlord), I'm done watching the rest, and I think the writers have done a wonderful job of mining these characters for some inspired comedy gold.

And it's not just the interplay--it's the little details I admire just as much. Take episode 10...

* the blackboard of the new classroom listing the officer Tanya had to discharge because of food poisoning as "absent"
* Entoma sleeping in class. I wonder if she's drooling...
* Tanya standing on her chair to improve her stature (as if she needs it)

I can't wait for the field day... Smile
Rob49152

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

It's totally a spoiler dammit!! Sad
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Rob49152 wrote:
Covnam wrote:

I disagree. I felt that the connection between the two was pretty heavily implied by the second season in particular. Besides, certain scenes in this episode don't make full sense if that's not accepted as true.

I do like the notion that all of those divine protections for Reinhard are based on interview details, as that sounds like the kind of thing that this series should traffic in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Rob49152 wrote:
Covnam wrote:

I disagree. I felt that the connection between the two was pretty heavily implied by the second season in particular. Besides, certain scenes in this episode don't make full sense if that's not accepted as true.

I do like the notion that all of those divine protections for Reinhard are based on interview details, as that sounds like the kind of thing that this series should traffic in.

An open-long running-gag is hardly a spoiler-the gag being just how oblivious Aqua & crew are to the fact.
(She's taken the persona of Chris to be the friend Darkness wanted/needed and on the side have a bit of fun.)
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

While it's been a while since I watched the second season, I would have to say though that implied does not equal revealed and that the cost of missing a joke or two doesn't necessitate that reveal either.
michizure

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...[Yunyun]'s the only member of Class 3, carrying on KONOSUBA's running gag about her being friendless.

I think they mean that Yunyun is the only member of Class 3 who bothered to show up. Otherwise, who was bullying her into buying yakisoba pan at the start of the episode? Note that Megumin shook her down for food all throughout their high school "rivalry," so this is also a call-back.

I'm still hoping for some Emilia/Megumin dialogue in the last episode, but it seems evident at this point that the writers are deliberately avoiding that situation.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:29 am Reply with quote
I don't quite understand what is going on with one of the battle maid's neck here. Or is she holding her detached head with her hands?
AholePony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I don't quite understand what is going on with one of the battle maid's neck here. Or is she holding her detached head with her hands?

Yes she's a dullahan so her head is not attached.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
michizure wrote:
Quote:
...[Yunyun]'s the only member of Class 3, carrying on KONOSUBA's running gag about her being friendless.

I think they mean that Yunyun is the only member of Class 3 who bothered to show up. Otherwise, who was bullying her into buying yakisoba pan at the start of the episode? Note that Megumin shook her down for food all throughout their high school "rivalry," so this is also a call-back.

I'm of the mindset that she made up that scenario not realizing that it sounds like bullying, but to pretend like she had actual friends in the classroom and that she thinks that's a normal thing to do.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'm of the mindset that she made up that scenario not realizing that it sounds like bullying, but to pretend like she had actual friends in the classroom and that she thinks that's a normal thing to do.

This was also my take on that whole affair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
catbot158

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:28 am Reply with quote
Great time reading the reviews for this one! I enjoyed going back and finding jokes that I missed the first time.

As for future participants in the second season, Shield Hero is definitely going to show up. I think That Time I Was Reincarnated as a Slime is Kadokawa's too, so perhaps Slime Boy and his entourage might show up?
Oh god, Wiseman's Grandchild and Another World with my Smartphone are also Kadokawa. Next season's Isekai Cheat Magicians is theirs, too. Imagine these guys showing up...dear lord...
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
People at facebook keep on saying that slime is not kadokawa, but I have not double checked; Reincarnated as a spider might make, afaik, it's also kadokawa.

It is also likely that we will get rudy from mushoku tensei, since the manga already did a small crossover with rezero; though I am not sure if that will bea good thing ,because suplementary materials for mushoku tensei tend to be pretty spoilerific ; one of them revealed a certain marriage that is way ahead of the manga (might already be on the light novel, but even then I doubt so) while the rezero crossover revealed the secret identity of one character.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:

I think That Time I Was Reincarnated as a Slime is Kadokawa's too, so perhaps Slime Boy and his entourage might show up?

Sadly (as I believe it would be an excellent addition), it has no connection to Kadokawa. They were not the publisher of the novels, light novels, manga, or anime. Kodansha was the publisher of both the manga and licensor of the anime, so perhaps you got the "K's" confused in your memory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6