• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
[Episode 32]

I love how Secco was so unhinged he became the most talkative JoJo character after learning Cioccolata's demise
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm awash with conflicting emotion, since this episode does such a good job luring you into the assumption that these villains care for each other mutually, and now I feel bad for Cioccolata despite him being, you know, Cioccolata.

Yeah, my heart broke a little...on the other hand, Secco instantly got ten times more entertaining and in the end, they got a fitting reunion in the garbage truck, so all is well (as well as it usually gets for JoJo villains at least...). Laughing
Brack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:15 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So the episode has not been delayed? it's just that for me, episode 32 is not showing up.

It was on the CR site, however it wasn't showing up under the series entry in the CR apps (it would show up in latest episodes, but then wouldn't play).

It all appears fixed now.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
The scene with Polnareff looking down at Diavolo is like he's staring down at the devil, since diavolo means "devil" in Italian. Similarly, in part 3, Polnareff looks up at DIO, which means "God" in Italian. Idk if this was intentional on Araki's part, but pretty symbolic.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe that ally Polnareff died during Pride Month.

It's remarkably surreal to see Jotaro so scrawny instead of 150 cm x 200 cm like usual.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the art in those flashback scenes was kind of wonky. The Part 3 group shot at the end had some really weird faces that I'm hoping get touched up a bit for home video. Iggy was...not good. Laughing
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Polnareff is a turtle now.

At least he got his legs back. Hell, he even has an extra pair, just in case.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Yeah the art in those flashback scenes was kind of wonky. The Part 3 group shot at the end had some really weird faces that I'm hoping get touched up a bit for home video. Iggy was...not good. Laughing
`

To be fair. That's exactly how they looked in the manga so DP animated it true to Araki's original art. lol
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 am Reply with quote
It appears that any show/manga that lasts long enough, will eventually have a body swap plotline. Hell episode 27 of Cowboy Bebop was probably a body swap episode.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:26 pm Reply with quote
R.I.P Narancia. Even though I saw this coming as a manga reader, it's still sad to see him go. Props to DP adding Fugo and Abbacchio to the scenes, it made it even more emotional. spoiler[Although, sad to see them skip Doppio's death scene. I'm guessing they'll show it next episode. I hope that's the case. Poor boy deserves some closure. :c]
Stelman257

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Narancia died inside of Giorno's body and Gold Experience was able to heal his wounds, but not in time to save our friend. Then Giorno's corpse being an empty vessel then means that Giorno can move his soul back into it because...? Thematically, I could see some ideas being drawn about how our heroes are sharing each other's pain, but in execution I don't think I'm feeling it.

Ahaha maybe I’m just not thinking about it as hard as you are, but I thought it was just
-Narancia killed, soul passes on
-Giorno’s body is now empty
-Giorno’s soul came in contact with his original body, healed it and went back in

It’s basically like if one of the souls switched dies, the other can be sent back to their now lifeless body. Which could potentially kill them both, but Gold Experience had already healed Giorno’s body so he was safe.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 am Reply with quote
In terms of tension this episode did a really great job. Although Narancia is not my favorite character there were really some striking depicitions like the short moments where we got a glimpse of Fugo which gave Narancia's death scene more weight.

It was still a bit confusing to see Mista facing his tetraphobia once again now of all times since it makes the situation harder to understand with everyone talking at the same time about different things.

So... it's still hard to get a clear picture of Chariot Requiem's stand power since I initially thought that only souls between two persons can be switched, so why Diavolo's personality could have been switched with that of another body independently from Doppio? If anything then I would guess that he switched his personality with Doppio inside Bruno's body after he got shot down by Mista, then used his Stand power and switched back to passed out Doppio immediately so Trish can't sense him anymore. Unless Polnareff's assumption is wrong about the exchange of souls when he thought that it can only happen between two people. I also think showing all the other people like the mother with her child or the man with his dog serves as hint that only souls of bodies which are close to each other can be switched. Would be funny if Diavolo's possessing the body of an animal too - like dunno... a squirrel.

Damn, wish I could use King Crimson to skip the whole waiting time...
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:06 am Reply with quote
Narancia's death hit me harder than expected. It was so sudden and there was nobody to take him to JoJo Heaven, just Aerosmith's lonely shadow... Crying or Very sad Also Mista crying manly tears in Trish's body was really heartbreaking.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 am Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
Narancia's death hit me harder than expected. It was so sudden and there was nobody to take him to JoJo Heaven, just Aerosmith's lonely shadow... Crying or Very sad Also Mista crying manly tears in Trish's body was really heartbreaking.

I want to say that I felt the same way about his death since I liked Narancia's character but I just couldn't. He himself raised his own death flag minutes before his death by blabbering on and on about things he wanted to do when the situation they're in is nowhere near safe. Talking about seeing Fugo again was the deal breaker there. From that point, Narancia's death was pretty much a given. I felt more bitter and cheated than sad about his death.

In comparison, Abbachio's death was a lot more sudden. Even after he got punched in the stomach, I was still wondering if he would come back like Okuyasu did in Part 4 but he didn't. The writers gave him the perfect send-off by concluding his character arc and giving the other gangstars a vital clue to revealing Diavolo's identity. Narancia, on the other hand, just died without even putting up a fight...
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:37 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
He himself raised his own death flag minutes before his death by blabbering on and on about things he wanted to do when the situation they're in is nowhere near safe.

But that was such a very Narancia-like thing to do! I'd probably have rolled my eyes at any other character, but of course lovingly stupid Narancia would talk like he'd never watched any anime before. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14